Since we just wrapped up 2012, I thought it’d be appropriate to review the top nursery trends of the year! There’s no question that color played a big role in nursery design, but we definitely saw a few trends emerge in decor too. With so many wonderful rooms uploaded this year, I wanted to pay tribute to the trends that were so beautifully represented in the project gallery.
1. Chevron. Move over stripes, chevron is here to stay! If painting chevron on your walls seems intimidating (here’s a DIY), you can incorporate the pattern in your bedding, rugs and accent pieces too!
2. Trees. Bring the outside in! Trees aren’t just for the backyard any more. I love how this pink nursery used the fabric tree decal to frame the crib, and the little frames hang perfectly off the main branch.
3. Bunting Flags. Add a little festivity to your nursery with one of the biggest trends of last year. We saw bunting flags in pictures, parties and nursery decor! You can drape them along the tops of your walls like in this gray and yellow koala nursery to create a framing effect and add a whimsical feel to the room.
4. Tissue Poms. These lovely little color balls can be hung from just about anything! Pile them in the corner or group them above the crib like in this coral nursery—the teal hues just pop off that coral wall!
5. Alphabet Walls. It’s easier than learning your ABCs! Think of it as decor with a purpose; you can teach your kiddos the alphabet and decorate their rooms! You can find different shapes/sizes of letters or frame them for the perfect collage like in this beautiful neutral nursery.
I can’t wait to see what 2013 brings! Happy New Year, everyone!