This contemporary nursery with a grey-aqua-orange color scheme features a towering giraffe, grey-striped walls, and antique touches. For more product information, please visit wisemamablog.com or the feature on Apartment Therapy. Photography by Andy Wise.
- Lindsay Brier's aqua and orange baby boy nursery
- Lillie Biesinger's cheerful nursery for Finn
- Mandy's aqua elephant nursery
- The paint colors are Benjamin Moore’s Grey Owl and Dove White.
- The bed skirt was made with fabric from Carousel Designs.
- The Melissa & Doug Giraffe is the keeper of the nursery.
- My husband, Andy Wise, created the “H” art. It’s comprised of objects that start with H, printed by CanvasPop.
- The floor lamp is from Target.
- The lovely bookrack is from Pottery Barn Kids.
- I snagged the footstool at Buy Buy Baby.
- The kids’ table is from Babies R Us.
- We found the ClosetMaid storage cubes at Lowe’s.
- The crib and 5-drawer chest are from Bonavita’s Peyton Collection.
My favorite parts of the room are the pieces that family members contributed. My late granddad refinished the antique chairs and dresser. My mom reupholstered the rocking chair, which is the same rocker I was rocked in as a baby. My mother-in-law made the beautiful quilt hanging on the crib. These items give the room heart.
A little color goes a long way. I came close to covering the cornice in orange chevron. I'm so glad I didn't. A clean, white canvas enables the touches of orange and aqua to pop throughout the room.
Wednesday 9th of March 2016
I was just wondering how thick you did the stripes on the wall. Were they the same size thickness?
Sunday 2nd of June 2013
I'm considering this crib but was concerned the skirt will be too tightly fitted with the drawer on the bottom. Did you fold the chevron under? Instead of letting it just hang. Was curious it looks great
Sunday 16th of June 2013
When the crib's at its highest, the crib skirt doesn't interfere with the drawer. As I've lowered the crib, the skirt hangs over the drawer. I just keep things in the drawer that I rarely need, so it doesn't bother me at all. I hope that helps!
Sunday 14th of April 2013
I love this nursery . Can you tell me where your husband got the photos of the objects for making the "H" art. Thanks.
Thursday 30th of May 2013
The "H" is made primarily of stock images. My husband's a graphic designer, so he has access to a lot of that.
Monday 4th of March 2013
First- love the room! Second-can you tell me where you got the elephant? Love how floppy it is.
Wednesday 6th of March 2013
Thanks! I found the elephant at a local store, but it's available on Amazon bundled with some other products. Search for "Folkmanis Elephant Puppet" or follow the link I included at wisemamablog.com/nurserydetail.
Wednesday 6th of March 2013
Thanks! I found the elephant puppet at a local store, but it's available on Amazon bundled with some other products. Search for the Folkmanis Elephant Plush Hand Puppet or follow my link to it at wisemamablog.com/nurserydetail.
Thursday 28th of February 2013
The good woman in a good place ...that is amazing ...!!!