Pam and I are pleased to share our latest design board for parents-to-be Gloria and Kevin Hann. Here’s the skinny: The gender is a surprise. She likes modern. He likes vintage. They both want ORANGE. Oh and the budget is $3500. How did we do?
1. Don’t want to pay $1000+ for a glider that you’ll only use in baby’s room. Check out the Enchanted Camelot Glider – It swivels and glides! Espresso with egg shell piping adds a lovely tailored look (aka expensive look). $384.88
2. Since space is tight, you’ll be content with this small, sleek and contemporary “Trumpet” side table from Target yet looks like DWR. $24.99
3. A little splurge can’t hurt after saving on the glider. These Jonathan Adler Acapulco pillows are a modern take on Mexican tapestries. $125.00
4. No need for a bulky ottoman, rest your feet on this P’kolino Play Ottoman. The lid comes off to reveal (much needed) toy storage or flips for a toddler play table. $229.00
5. Grommet drapes can add a bit of a masculine feel. To lighten the room, flowing white sheers adorned with orange ribbon at the top provides a girly alternative. Either way, black out shades for underneath are a great investment. $59.00 each
6. Since hubby likes the existing lighting fixture (and mom-to-be is not quite as enthused), we found a chandelier with a similar look but a bit more sparkle. Tip: Make sure you place this on a dimmer switch. $199.00
7. Venetian mirrors are hot right now and this one is stunning. $198.00
8. Add an accent wall behind the changing table for some drama. Stripes are bold, contemporary and fun! Not to mention an inexpensive, easy DIY, otherwise known as quality time with your significant other. Note: We also offered some fun DIY art ideas for above the crib!
9. Don’t forget the “Presto-Chang-O” Changing Top. Make sure it’s in espresso to contrast and compliment. $119.00
12. The ever popular Binth Alphabet Poster inspired by Danish wooden toys provides a classic touch. $85.00
14. The DaVinci sleigh -style crib in espresso provides a rich, sophisticated look at a great price! $359.00 + free shipping!
15. A quality rug is important and they don’t get much better looking than those from BabyFloors.com. $450.00
*Oh and if you are wondering about the crib bedding, we have some simple, organic, custom ideas to share with our client by way of “Make Room for Baby”. $59.95 + fabric
Stay tuned for the launch of Little Apple Design later this summer! If you are interested in purchasing a custom design board of your own, please contact us for pricing and details.