I began designing my son's nursery around January 2010 and completed it just in time for him to arrive in March. It was my first experience completely designing a room and I became addicted always trying to add even more to make the room just that much more special. His room was really small, so I did my best to maximize space.
The inspiration for this room was to be surrounded by the wonderful world of love and life of animals. When we bought our town house, this room was originally an office with a very high chair rail installed by the previous owners. Rather than remove the chair rail, I thought if the lower half was grass then the top half would have to be sky. After that everything just fell into place. Vinyl clouds float in the sky and vinyl animals play on the grass while my son's name was etched within the vinyl sun.
My style is pretty eclectic. I'll have an idea and it will just spiral down a path and sometimes turn into something that I didn't at first think it would actually become.
- The animal decals, bedding, and theme originated from babies r us.
- The vinyl sun was from Holly on from Etsy.com.
- The clouds were from DaliDecals.com
- The switch plates are Patty Reed Jungle Babies ordered off ebay.
- The furniture was from Meijer.com (Stork Craft Beatrice Combo Tower Dresser and Changer, Stork Craft Beatrice 4-Drawer Chest).
- The personalized cloud clock was from 2blockheads.com
My favorite piece from Spencer's nursery was the paint theme. Without it, I don't think the results would have been as magical as it would have turned out if we didn't go this direction.
Let your passion and love for your new baby shine with every moment you spend designing his or her nursery.