- A Project For: Ojore
- Age: 2 Months
- Location: Atlanta, Ga
This nursery was a labor of love and I had so much fun decorating it. I started gathering inspiration months before I was even pregnant. Pinterest and Project Nursery were instrumental in helping me find the inspiration I needed. By the time we found out we were expecting I knew exactly what I wanted to do. I created an inspiration board and began searching for the perfect pieces for my dream nursery. My budget was pretty tight so I decided to invest in a couple of items and the rest would be a combination of DIY Projects, Thrift store finds and gifts from friends and family. My mother and I both created artwork for the room and just about everything had a personal touch which was really special.
Pinterest and Project Nursery were HUGE when searching for inspiration and ideas. The first thing I knew I wanted was the Chevron pattern and then I decided on the Gray and Aqua color palette. Lucky for me those two colors as well as the Chevron pattern are pretty popular this year so I was able to find lots of fun accessories and everything else I painted to match.
I love incorporating vintage elements such as old picture frames with modern colors and patterns such as the Chevron patterns. The fresh color palette lends itself to both styles and pulls everything together. The room has an eclectic quality which makes it both warm and interesting.
• Paint - Behr (Glacier Bay & Refreshing Pool)
• Bedding - Custom made by a family friend.
• Fabrics - Carousel Designs - http://www.babybedding.com/, Fabric.com
• Dresser - Local Consignment shop, I refinished and painted it.
• Crib - Babies R Us - www.babiesrus.com (2012)
• Glider - Babies R Us - www.babiesrus.com (Rosie, 2012)
• Wicker Bookshelf - I have had this for years, I repainted it white.
• Side Table - Garden Ridge
• Curtains - Urban Outfitters, I lucked out and they were on clearance
• Lamp - Home Goods, The lamp shade was orange stripes so my Mom recovered the lamp shade using extra fabric.
• Cloud Mobile - Etsy- http://www.etsy.com/shop/goshandgolly
• Wall Shelf - Goodwill, then I repainted.
• Art over Crib- Frame (Goodwill, then repainted by Me), Art (by Me)
• Collage Art - Frames (Goodwill, then repainted by Me) Most of the Art Prints (by Me)
• Fishy Fishy Art - Painted by my Mom
• White Storage Boxes on Bookshelf - Ikea
• Magazine Storage on Bookshelf - Target Dollar bin :)
• Quatrefoil Mirror - Super cheap at Walmart, then I repainted
• Pillows - Made by Family friend
I honestly love everything about this room. It is so peaceful and relaxing. I do especially love the Cloud mobile. It is so simple. I Love the way the clouds gently float around at the slightest breeze, it is magical!
There are so many ways to replicate high end pieces on a small budget. Look online, visit flea markets or your local goodwill. When you see an item you have to look beyond its current state. You have to imagine a new coat of paint or new fabric. It is those special unique pieces that make a room great.
Posted on May 22, 2013
Project By: lberkeley
I am a new Mom to a 2 month old handsome little boy. I am a creative and I Love DIY projects, antiquing, decorating, and spending as much time as possible with my family!› More projects by lberkeley
Rate This Project:
Avatars by Sterling Adventures