Not sure who is more excited about this room being finished, me or my daughter. Lots of DIY and re-working what I currently had made this entire new room happen for only $350! We're both pretty please with how it turned out :)
I wanted a simple clean base that I could easily build upon and change as my little one does. I was inspired by mostly white rooms with fun pops of color, and looked at a lot of adult spaces for ideas that would have staying power as she got older.
Not sure if there's a particular style for this room. In most of my decorating, I like a traditional base with modern fabrics to make it look fresh and up to date. I took the same approach in this room.
1. Curtain fabric - Heather Baily Pop Garden Turquoise http://quilthome.com/
2. Tufted headboard - DIY
3. Sweet Dreams pillow cases - http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/
4. Pink coverlet - local antique store
5. Swing arm sconce - Home Depot
6. Pink Chevron fabric for bolster pillow - http://www.spoonflower.com/
7. Baby giraffe prints - http://www.theanimalprintshop.com/
8. Table - TJMaxx, then painted with DIY chalk paint http://westermanfam.blogspot.com/2012/02/fake-looks-great.html
9. White duvet - Bed Bath and Beyond
10. Bedskirt - Target (ruffles added by me)
1. Dog Art - DIY
2. Paint - Martha Stewart Nimbus Cloud
3. Zinc Letter - DIY
4. Dresser paint - Annie Sloan's Pure White
5. Tissue Paper Pom-poms - http://shop.marthastewart.com/
6. Book Ledges - DIY
7. Pom-Pom Pillow - DIY
8. Sock Monkey - DIY
9. Slipcovered Wingback - http://westermanfam.blogspot.com/2011/03/slipcovered-wingback.html
Love how the DIY headboard turned out, and having her great-grandmother's furniture (dresser, wingback chair, and floor lamp) updated to work in the space.
You don't have to spend a lot to get a great look. Rework items you already have, it doesn't have to be a kid's items to work in a kid's room, try making it yourself (you'll surprise yourself).
I’m in love with this room!!! Bright, Cheery, and so much practicality. Great little reading area with shelves like the library. The child size rocker is a sweet touch. In corporating the doggie profile personalizes it. Then most of all are all the refurbished furniture from her Great Grandmother. The Best!! Izzy’s really loves her room.
Great job Shelley!!! I love Izzy’s room!!
LOVE!!! Of course Izzy’s room gets my VOTE!!!
Izzy is just the cutest! And turquoise is such a beautiful color choice! One of my fave colors in the world!
Love that you made your own chalk paint too. I will have to try that. I’ve used AS chalk paint but it is pricey!
Great room. Good idea to slipcover the wingback. I have one I was planning on reupholstering but once I started tearing off the fabric the staples all broke and it is the hardest fabric I have ever tried to remove. I got the back off and gave up. The fabric isn’t in bad shape just ugly so maybe I will just slip cover it!