We wanted a colorful place that portrayed our love of travel that we hope to pass on to our son.
We wanted something modern and colorful but still made the room feel inviting and somewhere we could spend hours. We found a lot of ideas on Pinterest and Etsy and eventually weeded out enough to make it feel just right for us!
Modern, Colorful and a little bit weird (We live in Austin after all)
The room was already painted perfectly for how we envisioned our baby boy's nursery. (Colors: Benjamin Moore Baby Boy Blue & Behr Caribe)
- Crib: Babyletto Hudson Crib in Gray with White
- Dresser: Ikea Mandal Dresser- Painted Gray
- Bookcase: Threshold Windham bookcase in Gray from Target.com
- Swivel Recliner: Dawson Swivel Recliner in Gray from Costco.com
- Shelves: handmade
- Bookshelf stool: Ikea Bekvam Step Stool painted to match Turquoise accent wall
- Diaper Pail: Ubbi Diaper Pail in Orange from giggle.com
- World Clock: Ikea
- Night Light: Zulily
- Dinosaur Planter: Etsy – Plaid Pigeon (replaced with artificial plant)
- Animal World Map: Etsy – artPause (bought thru US retailer- Big Canvas Prints)
- Crib Bedding: Oliver B City of Dreams in Orange
- Curtains & Crib Skirt- Handmade
- Changing Pad Cover: Etsy- corasclst
- Fabric Baskets: handmade
- Globe Mobile: Restoration Hardware
- Crib Mobile: Just One You Made by Carter's Cloud Mobile - Boys Clear Skies from Target.com
- Baby Blanket: Stem Baby Organic Cotton Blanket (Nordstrom)
- White Frames: Michael’s
- Prints: Various prints created by us or bought off Etsy
The globe mobile. We originally bought it to go over the crib, but it was way more massive than we expected so we put it over in the corner so when we are rocking the baby to sleep or feeding he can enjoy them. The ceiling fan in the room makes them move all day long.
We started with the crib and made that the focal point of how we wanted to do the rest of the room. It all sort of falls into place once you figure out the first big thing!