Hello! I am Hailey, a first time mama to our baby boy coming 9/10/18. He is our little IVF miracle that we have waited so long for and prayed so hard for. He was our one and only embryo to survive, and he's made it all the way! We can hardly wait to meet him.
As we were struggling with infertility, before we ever started IVF, I had dreamed of a soft, neutral safari nursery - if we were ever lucky enough to have a baby. I've collected things here and there over the last couple of years, and I am so thrilled that I was able to use them and everything came together so beautifully.
I love how soft his nursery is, but also love the contrast that we brought in with the black metal crib and book ledges. There are several pieces in this nursery that mean a lot, and give unique character to his room.
- Vintage rattan elephant. This was actually the very first piece I picked for our nursery and has inspired the design of the room. I've had this for nearly two years! I found him through facebook on a yard sale page. Bringing old and new items together creates an eclectic look that is really hard to achieve if you are buying everything from Target and Pottery Barn.
- Handmade Knit Elephant Mobile - I found this on Etsy from a shop in Lithuania over a year ago and I knew that if we ever became pregnant, this would be one of my only splurges for the nursery. The mobile was $150, but worth every single penny and heirloom quality. It might be my favorite thing in the entire room!
- Mid Century wooden dresser - Mixing design styles can be one of the best things you can do in a room to bring in character and depth. I found this dresser on another online yard sale page.
- Handmade wooden sign - "How wonderful life is, now you're in the world" This was something me and my husband made together for our sweet miracle boy- the last thing we added to the nursery, and a perfect finishing touch.
- Black metal & cream upholstered crib - This crib is the perfect mix of soft and bold materials. So perfect for a baby boy, but I will also plan to use it if I ever have a daughter.
- Area Rug: In my opinion, rugs are the best way to tie a room together & you don't necessarily have to spend a ton of money.
- Baby Animal Prints - I've had these picked out on Etsy for months and months. They bring such a soft touch to the nursery. They printed beautifully on canvas and I framed them myself in IKEA frames.
- Books - I'm a huge fan of decorating a nursery with things that your baby will be able to use and enjoy. Me and my husband had a ton of fun picking out books together.
- Animal Alphabet - Illustrated and designed by me.