This project had a strict budget so most of the items were DIY. I did not want her nursery to have a theme, because I am always changing things! The room was small so I tried not to go overboard with a lot of different colors and focused on small details for character. I hope it is a room she grows up to love! :)
The wall color. I loved the light robins egg blue I was seeing everywhere and knew I had to use it. We actually chose the color before we knew we were having a girl. All the other accent colors are colors I thought went well with the blue.
DIY. I love to make things and am always looking for a new project. My house is full of DIY projects so her room was no exception!
- The crib is fromWalmart Online and is the Baby Mod Modena. It can be used as a toddler/full bed as she gets older.
- The crib skirt was made from old curtains I made for the living room out of Amy Butler fabric.
- The mobile was made by me, with the wire hanger purchased off Amazon.
- The stacking toy was also made by me using the Happy Stacker Ring Toy pattern.
- I painted the diaper pin on the wall
- The hanging baskets are from TJ Maxx
- The changing table is from IKEA. I painted it white and made the pad for it.
- I also made the plaster "R" using this tutorial
- The yellow mug is from Anthropology
- The lamp is from Target and was a steal at $11.00!
- The sheepskin rug is from IKEA
- The wall color is Benjamin Moore Robins Nest at 50%
- The curtains are from Target, but I attached the yellow pom pom trim myself.
- The floor pouf was another steal from Target, on sale for only $15!
- The alphabet art was made by me. I painted the inserts with chalkboard paint and used chalk for the letters. The frames are from IKEA.
- The bird wall art is from Etsy
My favorite item is the canvas with her footprints. We are going to do them every three months. I think it will be amazing to see how her feet grow :)
Have fun and do what you like!