This is my take on a Pinterest-inspired nursery for our little princess on the way! We wanted it to be a calming, soothing and peaceful space that wasn't your standard all pink nursery. There were a lot of DIY projects and nothing in this room is overly expensive.
Most of my inspiration came from Pinterest and Project Nursery galleries. Originally I was going for a pink & gray nursery, but that quickly turned into a pink, aqua, gray, and white color palette once we chose our bedding. Everything else stemmed from there. I would also find inspiration for certain projects or pieces on Pinterest and then figure out how I could replicate them myself.
Eclectic! This space mixes brand new pieces with old, upcycled pieces. I love the mixture of styles and feel like it adds character and originality to the space.
- Wall Color paint is from Sherwin Williams - Argos
- Glider is the Delta Children Clermont Upholstered Glider in Ecru and was only $249, which considering that most gliders we looked at and sat in were $500-$600 easy, we considered this to be a steal and we love it!
- Dresser/Vanity is a DIY project - we purchased it from a local furniture resale shop for $150, then we painted it in Annie Sloan chalk paint ("Old White") and sealed it with a clear polycrylic coat after some light distressing. We also replaced the knobs and pulls.
- Bedding is custom made from this Etsy shop
- Side Table is from Marshall's and was marked down to $40
- Pearl Crown project is totally DIY using a variety of color and size pearls, Swarovski crystals, scrapbook paper background, and frame all bought from Hobby Lobby for around $20. My inspiration came from this Etsy shop discovered through Pinterest.
- Cream Rose Vase is Lenox and found at a local antique shop for $15. Flowers are from Hobby Lobby.
- DIY Letters are made from 8 inch cardboard letters, variety of scrapbook paper, modge podge, and fabric rosettes that I hotglued some bling to - all from Hobby Lobby of course! This was an easy project and I love how it turned out. Here was my Pinspiration... 1, 2, 3
- Tassel Garland is from this Etsy shop and here was my Pinspiration. I would've made this myself, but after I priced different kinds of ribbon and how much I would need, it just made more sense to buy it because I wasn't going to be saving much.
- Nursery Animals are courtesy of my super-talented, artistic momma! They're hand-drawn, some are watercolor, some are marker, with black ink outlines. She then glued them to different scrapbook paper and found a variety of white frames from Walmart and Michael's. You can search "nursery animal prints" in Pinterest or Etsy and find hundreds of options!
- Custom Monogram is from this Etsy shop and frame is from Hobby Lobby.
It is so tough to choose a favorite item, but I take that as a good sign that I put together a fabulous nursery for our little one! My top three favorites are the nursery animals my mom made, the dresser my mom and I worked on together for weeks, and the bedding!
Find an inspiration piece then go from there. Don't try to plan the whole room all at once - that's an evolving process. I decided on our bedding then worked from there and it all came together!