Decorating a little girl's room is absolutely endless -- flowers, butterflies, bows.... If there's an idea out there, we wanted to design with it. So, when we learned we were having a baby girl we knew we wanted to have pink, but we didn't want to over throw the room with complete pink. Since we also love the color gray as well, the idea was to combine both colors with a white ribbon.
The theme for our daughter's nursery is meant to be whimsical with traces of flowers and butterflies.
My style is pretty eclectic. I'll have an idea and it will just spiral down a path and sometimes turn into something that I didn't at first think it would actually become.
- Craftmade Bloom white finished fan motor from Lighting Buff on Amazon.com
- Munchkin Diaper Duty Organizer by Munchkin on Amazon.com
- Craftmade Pink fan blades from 1STOPlighting on Amazon.com
- Bed Skirt is from Restoration Hardware
- Butterfly Garden Personalized Wall Block from DimplesShop.com
- White Tree Decal + Deer from Couturedecals Decals
- Butterflies Set of 36, 3 colors from Canodesigns
- Fabric Pom tutorials by Emily Shares Blog
- "Sometimes the smallest..." decal from RemarkableWalls
- Bunting flags from TheSpottedBarn
- Window picture frame from Pier1.com
- Closetmaid 9-Cube organizer from Closetmaid on Amazon.com
- Mohawk Select Woodgrain Pink Cuddle Kids Rug by Wayfair.com
- Tiny Princess Soothe 'n Groove Mobile from BabyEarth on Amazon.com
- iPAD 2 (16GB) by Apple on Amazon.com
- The furniture was from Meijer.com (Stork Craft Beatrice Combo Tower Dresser and Changer, Stork Craft Beatrice 4-Drawer Chest).
The Craftmade Bloom Fan is my favorite piece. When I discovered the ceiling fan I just knew it would bring the entire nursery together. I chose the pink blades to match the nursery theme, but there are many other colors to choose from including boy colors. The centrifugal force from the larger blades spin the lower blades in reverse, which is a beautiful effect and its intended purpose plus when the fan is not spinning it's just as beautiful to look up and admire. Meanwhile, when the blades spin the light reflects off the acrylic type shine which creates what I think to be a beautiful glow type reflection.
Friday 29th of March 2013
Is the process involved in making those fabric pompoms the same as with tissue pompoms?
Friday 29th of March 2013
this is the tutorial i used, mine are a little different, but it wasn't a challenge just a little more time than i was initially expecting. once i did one, i learned from my mistakes. http://emilyshares.blogspot.com/2011/02/fabric-pom-pom-tutorial.html