Bow WOW Meow!
For her 6th birthday, my daughter Ariella chose a "Puppy and Kitten" theme because she was dying to have a pet of her own. As a compromise, I suggested a Puppy and Kitten themed party in which the pets could go home at the end of the day, but that she could still get cuddle time with the little cuties!
For the color scheme, I was inspired by these dog bone shaped bowls I found online. I used that as the basis for the party color palate, and then matched the graphic signs, yarn, and decor to those same colors (Aqua, Yellow, and Coral). Aside from cuddling really cute puppies, the kids enjoyed making pet collars for the pets they were adopting as party favors and giving their stuffed animals check up at the veterinary station.
Some of my favorites aspects of her party were:
- the styrofoam-wrapped colorful balls of yarn I made and hung throughout the party space!
- the brightly colored bone-shaped dog bowls the kids ate out of (these were such a hit)!
- The signage and graphics I designed for the party - was inspired by the colors of the dog bowls!
- The pet adoption center / party favor take-home presents!
- Ariella's name letters wrapped in bright colored yarn!
- The "cheese mice" we served as appetizers!
- The adorable aqua cake with the cutest dog and cat fondant characters!
- The puppies who came to entertain the kids!
- Paw Print Balloons weighted down with large dog bones!
- The "Make a Collar" for your pet station!
- The homemade Puppy Chow we made and served out of dog bowls!