My husband just had to have a blue room for our first born--a boy! I wanted something that was not theme-specific and that could grow with Liam through the years.
I saw the alphabet plate rail on an episode of Sarah's House on HGTV. I searched all over for fabric that I loved, and I found this puppy fabric at Carousel Designs. I ordered the fabric, and then found the letters on Etsy. I pulled colors from the fabric to paint the letters--but my husband did all the work!
clean, simple, fun, and loveable!
- Plate rail-DIY
- Alphabet-Etsy.com, spray painted by my husband
- Paint-Bounty by Valspar
- Fabric-Blue Doggy Days at Carousel Designs
- Dog art that matches the fabric-made by me :)
- "Liam" wall decal-Etsy.com
- Crib-Baby Italia Concord Classic Convertible Crib
- Dresser-Ikea Hemnes
- Bookshelves-Ikea Expedit
- Valance, Crib Skirt, Pillows on Rocker-made by my mom :)
- Rocker-my childhood rocking chair
- Noah's Arc needlepoint-made by my great grandmother
My husband installed the plate rail at the same height as our window/door frames. We have 9' ceilings, so this gave us plenty of room to place the letters (with liquid nails) on the rail. My mom sewed the valance, crib skirt, and rocker cushions. We attached the crib skirt with Velcro, and then placed Velcro at two additional heights on the skirt so that it can be raised as the mattress is lowered. I painted the doggy artwork above the dresser with watercolors.
Alphabet plate rail, Blue Doggy Days fabric, doggie days artwork