VINTAGE RACE CAR NURSERY
When we first found out that we were expecting a little boy I knew I wanted a nursery decor that was simple, clean, bright and bold. My husband has a love for foreign racecars and I love anything vintage, so a vintage race car theme was the obvious choice for us. I also wanted to design a room that could grow with him overtime.
Simple, traditional with pops of color
· Wall Color: Sherwin Williams Yellow Corn
· Carpet: Martha Stewart Living at Home Depot in Winters Day
· Delta Springtime Lifetime Crib – White & Espresso: Babies R’ Us
· Delta Springtime Combo Unit – White & Espresso: Babies R’ Us
· Newco Serenity Classic Glider – Chocolate Chenille: Babies R’Us
· Vintage Monaco Print: Amazon $14 (Framed & Matted at Hobby Lobby- $40)
· Crib skirt and art above crib were handmade by me
· I found the toy bin at Hobby Lobby for $7, but there is something similar at The Container Store
I love everything about Miles' room, but the airplane hanging above this crib is special to us because it’s the plane that his Great Grandfather (Dad's side) flew in WWIIand was made by his Great Grandfather on his mom's side. My husband had it in his room as a kid.
Bead board on the ceiling to cover up popcorn was a lifesaver. I so did not want to scrape it!!