- Crib: Pottery Barn Kids
- Crib Sheet: Land of Nod - no longer available
- Crib Mobile: DIY with felt balls from Etsy - Sheep Farm Felt
- Cloud Decals: Urban Walls
- Rocking Sheep: Pottery Barn Kids - no longer available
- Star Drum Pendant: RH Baby & Child
- Dresser: IKEA
- Change table topper: Pottery Barn Kids
- Elephant print: Animal Print Shop
- Book ledges: IKEA
- Artwork above glider: Etsy - Sweet Melody Designs
- Floor Lamp: Restoration Hardware - no longer available
- Throw: Urban Barn
- Moroccan Pouf: The Cross Decor & Design
- Elephant table: Serena & Lily
- Hamper: The Cross Decor & Design
- Rug: Banner Carpets
- Draperies: Pottery Barn Kids + custom pom pom trim
This nursery was designed in 2015 as we awaited the arrival of our second son. After creating a neutral nursery for our first son, I wanted to incorporate some colour into this new nursery, but still keep soft and serene.
The starting point for the theme and colour palette was the adorable bedding from Land of Nod; I love the restful little faces on the stars and moons, and the combination of colours. From there I picked a paint colour, purchased the felt balls to make the mobile over the crib (inspired by Petit Pehr), and sourced the star pendant from RH Baby & Child.
Having a fondness for elephants, I fell in love with the charming ceramic elephant stool from Serena & Lily, and continued the elephant motif with the custom prints above the rocker which manage to incorporate elephants, stars and clouds (from Etsy seller Sweet Melody Designs). The Urban Walls cloud decals were actually a last-minute choice as I had originally chosen star decals, but then decided to incorporate clouds so that we have stars, clouds and moons to round out the Up In The Sky theme.
I am really happy with the result - the overall feel is calm, and yet the details are whimsical and playful.