My daughter Juniper adores the movie, "Coco," and that served as my inspiration in designing the elements of her 3rd birthday party. When learning to talk, she called herself "Juju," so I incorporated her nickname into the party. I used the movie's color scheme of red, pink, orange and blue across the decor, along with calaveras (sugar skulls) and flowers.
A few of my favorite details from her party:
- The papel picado banners I created, especially the ones designed for each guest - the kids loved finding their names hanging above them!
- The kid's treat bags, which each contained a sugar skull cookie, initial of their name, and number 3!
- Her two-tier sugar skull birthday cake. After a few trial runs, I realized I could make the skulls ahead of time out of royal icing, and decorate their faces with food markers - much easier than piping everything!
- The invitation & signage designed for the party
- Handmade tissue paper flowers & tassels
- The handmade royal icing skulls, guitars and chocolate leaf decorations for the cupcakes & cake
- Nacho Bar!
Leave a comment