Twinkle Little Star is a neutral idea that can incorporate boy or girl features to make more personal. I started planning before I knew the baby's sex and just added touches of pink once I found out she's a girl.
My 2 1/2 yr old just loves twinkle twinkle little star and I when I found out I was pregnant again, it stuck with me and I couldn't wait to start planning the shower. It was a neutral theme that I could start planning without knowing the sex of the baby.
I like sophisticated looks with just a touch of whimsy to make it for a child.
Almost everything was DIY by searching online for star party or star shower. Using twinkle in the search narrowed it down too much. To keep track of all the ideas I just made a folder and saved pics that I wanted to come back to reference and when I was ready, I was able to look at the things that I really wanted to incorporate instead of having a million ideas floating in my head.
- Banner made by using Cricut
- Napkin Rings made with hole punches
- Used a nursery rhyme book for the guest book
- Cupcakes made by sis-in-law
- Paper starts made in different colors and sizes with directions from http://annekata.blogspot.com/2010/11/tutorial-super-simple-paper-stars.html
- Used different sized star fondant and cookie cutters to cut stars for rice crispies (while still mushy), pineaple wedges, and fondant on cupcakes
The sweet dreams banner. It gave everyone a cute place to take pics in front of.