I can’t believe my baby girl turned one. Even though we are still social distancing and living in our new normal, there was no way I was going to let this milestone go by and not make it as special as possible for my Sloaney.
It was unicorn and rainbow themed, with all the magical vibes. There was a lot of pastel, iridescent accents and girlyness all around! I DIY-ed a majority of the decorations and really tried to put my love and efforts into making the party as special as can be for my sweet girl. We had it in our backyard with immediate family and a couple close friends. It really turned out to be the most special day.
I linked and described everything below. All of the adorable photos were taken by Kim from Apple of Our Eye.
I DIY-ed a lot of these elements and purchased a ton on Amazon. I made a Party Supply Amazon List with a lot of the supplies too.
– Pastel Balloon Garland Backdrop– I made the balloon garland myself using a garland kit I found on Amazon. Warning, this DIY is not for the faint of heart.
– Tassle Highchair Banner – This is from an awesome balloon and tassle etsy shop, Gen Woo.
– DIY Balloon Rainbow Arch – This was a DIY idea from a photo I found on Pinterest. I ordered long pastel balloons and used a fringe iridescent garland for the tassels.
– Sweet Table – The gorgeous cakes are from Love and Butter Cream, an adorable shop in Birmingham, Michigan. I ordered a cheap iridescent tablecloth on Amazon, got the garland on sale at Hobby Lobby and the cake plates are from Target from a few years ago.
– Party Hat – Her rainbow party hat is from Etsy.
– Mantel Decor – I DIY-ed this fringe garland using tissue paper. I added on the ONE script ballon over the fringe and put balloons on either side.
– Sloane Turns 1 Sign – I wanted to do something a little different than the usual photo banner, so I created a photo board. I used a template from Harper and Wren Etsy Shop and then uploaded my favorite photos from each month. I taped onto a large board using watercolored washi tape. I used the cricut machine to cut out the rose gold letters on top.
– Flowers – I got these pastel bouquets for $8 each at Whole Foods! I got 6 and used some as centerpieces and some on the food tables.
– Tablescape – I used ombre rainbow plates and cups from Meri Meri and pastel napkins with polka dots from Meri Meri as well. I used gold plastic ware from amazon. I also put iridescent unicorn horns on the center of each table and a piñata unicorn in the center of each table.
– Photo Straws – This was a last minute idea and one of my favorite little details. Just printed off a photo of Sloane with a party hat and taped to all the straws.
– Balloons – Expert tip – have someone else blow up the balloons! I always try to do this myself and I always regret it. Here is a link to the iridescent star balloon, rainbow balloon, jumbo pastel balloons and the unicorn balloon. If you are blowing up yourself, make sure to get balloon clips and an air pump if doing a garland.
– Tabletop Signs – I had these acrylic signs from a baby shower I threw in the past, so I but reused and changed desisn using my Cricut machine and iridescent vinyl.
– Water Bottle Labels – This is just one of my favorite little ways to personalize a party and bring a theme in. Just print, wrap and tape.
– Dollhouse – This was a true labor or love for me. This was a dollhouse me and my Dad built when I was a little girl. I decided to rehab it, paint it and give it a little facelift and gift it to Sloane on her first birthday.
– Car – The hot pink Mercedes was a gift from Sloane’s grandparents.
– Swan – The adorable swan rocker was a gift from Sloane’s other grandparents. Will go so adorable in her room.
– Busy Board – made by a local Michigan artist, ArtworksbyAmy.
– Pink Foam Ball Pit – This ball pit is just so pretty.
– Photographer – She’s amazing and it was so nice not having to worry about snapping photos during the party. Kim Hoover from Apple of Our Eye.
It was such a special day for our sweet girl. Somehow during all of this, putting my love and time into things like this is what fills me up. I hope she looks back on this day and sees that even though it wasn’t a typical kid-filled first birthday party, it was special and she was surrounded by so much love.