For Sienna's space, I wanted to do something you didn’t really see in nurseries and painted floors was just that. The perfect shade of mint with some white and coral stripes…
I decided to DIY many elements in the room seeing we were on a budget. A coral ruffled lamp shade, a doily feature wall for that extra touch of girly, a embroidery hoop bow mobile, fake book jackets to match the nursery colors and some original artwork.
I had purchased a pair of Handmade Joyfolie shoes (before I got pregnant) and the softness of the fabrics combined with the mint color sparked a waterfall of inspiration ideas for the nursery.
Seeing the shoes were an important element to the room design, I wanted to make sure to highlight them and what better way then to frame them on the wall. I purchased some small frames at a thrift store, painted them gold and framed the fabric found in the crib and a quote I found to fit perfectly “Cinderella is proof that a pair of shoes can change your life”
You can say that this nursery is all about colours, textures with a vintage flare. Ruffles, bows and doilies with splashes of mint, coral, blush pink, gold and white.
For more details about the nursery check out my blog :
Furniture & Lighting
- Vintage Crib : $50 // refurbished
- Vintage 5 drawer dresser : $20 // Thrift find Village des Valeur
- Vintage 6 drawer dresser (changing table ) : $75 // refurbished
- Night Table : already owned // Hemnes Ikea
- Upholstered Glider : already owned // Dutalier
- Chandelier with pink crystals : $70 (got a new one onKijiji for a steal) // Pottery Barn
- Ruffled Table Lamp (DIY) : already owned // Base Bouclair, Shade (Arstid) Ikea
- Pink Glass Knobs : $30 // Look In The Attic
Furniture & Lighting : $245
Bedding & Linens
- Crib Bumper (Punch Basics) : $115 // Serena & Lily
- Crib Mattress Cover : $36 // Serena & Lily
- Ruffled Crib Skirt : $84 // Carousel Designs
- Pink Waterfall Ruffled Curtain : $64 (had discount code) // Urban Outfitters
- Vintage Knob Curtain Tie Back : $12.50 (had discount code) // Urban Outfitters
- White Throw : $25 // HomeSense
- Coral Pillow : $20 // HomeSense
Bedding & Linens : $358.50
Decoration & Accessoires
- Mirroir : $30 // HomeSense
- Small frames : $3 each // Thrift find Village des Valeur
- Medium frame : $8 // Wal-Mart
- Frame art : DIY project
- Seaglass Piper handmade Shoes : $42 // Joyfolie
- Clock : already owned
- Vase & Plant : already owned // Skurar Vase – Ikea , Fejka Plant – Ikea
- Book Covers Jackets : DIY project
- Embroidery Hoop Mobile : $16 // DIY Project
- Vintage Coral Teacup : Family Heirloom, already owned
- Coral Elephant Bank : $8 // HomeSense
- Glass apocrathy jar : $13 // HomeSense
- Mint Bottle with bow : DIY project
- Lace Crown : $3 // DIY project
- Framed Doily Art : already owned // Ribba Frame - Ikea
- Doily Featured Wall Art : $7 // DIY project
Decoration : $133
Paint colors :
- Wainscotting & Floors : CIL Cascading Water 30GY 75/105 W/B
- Walls / Ceilings / Stripe (floor) : Plain White
- Coral stripe (floor) : CIL Pink Chablis 30YR 68/127 W/B
Paint & Painting supplies : $325
+ + + + +
Design & Concept : Kelly / Blushink & Genevieve Ghaleb
Images courtesy of : Anne-Emilie Sayegh
I absolutely adore the floors in the nursery. They brighten up the room, and add that vintage flare I love so much. Plus, it will be a color that will grow well with Sienna along the years, as will her furniture and some decorative elements in the room.
Another one of my favorite elements in the nursery would have to be the mobile. It's so simple, yet so perfect, and I love how she will be looking up at bows.
Don't be afraid to find inspiration in unexpected places. It's in those times the end results are more than amazing. Dare to be different!
Thank you!!! Actually I painted over the wood floors ;)
I will blog the DIY project in the next week or so. http://www.blushink.com
I love every single detail of your room! I’m dying to know how you made that lamp shade.
Love the vintage furniture and mirror. Its such a soft, feminine room. Color choices are beautiful, too. Did you paint on top of a tile floor? Seems brilliant! Enjoy your daughter!
Thank you! I hope it will be a space she will be happy to grow up in.
Wow, so many lovely, charming details!
Thank you Jan! Now if only my baby girl can arrive so she can sleep in a pretty room :)
Love it! It looks so soft and pretty! Perfect for a little princess!