As software engineers my husband and I loved the idea of a 'geeky' twist on a nursery theme and fell in love with the idea of robots.
Modern, Fun, Pop
The room provided the perfect canvas for my creativity. A custom mural that depicts our travels around the world, grandma sewn robot pillows adorn the crib alongside custom designed sheets (spoonflower.com) and beneath a Flensted style paper robot mobile, a famous robot triptych hangs above the changing table, and blue accent walls say 'beep, bop, boop'
Things custom created by me:
- 3 paneled Robot Mural, acrylic on canvas
- Famous Robots Triptych (Bender, R2D2, baby AT-AT), acrylic on poster board
- Sheet design and print via spoonflower.com
- Hand sewn sock robot
- Papercraft Flensted style robot mobile over crib
- Room painting (beep, boop, bop wall art on blue walls)
- Rosie the robot storage boxes, made from plywood IKEA boxes painted with acrylics
Sunday 1st of October 2017
Can you provide any information on the 3 part robot panel? My wife and I are looking to put something like it in our nursery.
Thursday 11th of June 2015
Do you happen to have the brand and names of the paint colors that you used?
Wednesday 16th of October 2013
My son's name is Cooper and I'm working on a robot room for him! I love all your elements. Adorable! Thanks for posting!
Wednesday 30th of January 2013
This room is absolutely awesome! Is the dresser from Ikea?
Tuesday 18th of September 2012
this is really the coolest room for baby, kid, boy or girl I have ever seen!! amazing how creative people can be. LOVE IT!!