I had the honor of designing my new grand daughter's room... Layla's nursery is full of items that were repurposed, reused, sewn, painted and crafted especially for her. Cheerful, sunny and full of vibrant color; it is a room that will "grow" with her.
"Raspberry" pink was the main color my daughter wanted to use for Layla. We searched for a monochromatic wide "tent" stripe and came up with the "Mia" bedskirt from Pinecone Hill. We ordered a full/queen size and re-purposed it into a crib skirt and large pillows for the daybed... and that's where the inspiration came from and the fun began!
Casual, comfortable, with vintage pieces ...I believe your home should reflect who you are and who you love!
Iron Crib : (re-used from her brother's nursery): Restoration Hardware
Crib Skirt (queen bedskirt, cut and re-sewn): Pine Cone Hill
Fabric for Crib Sheet - Joel Dewberry Block print fuchsia
Linen Bumpers: (reused from her brother's nursery) Cottage and Cabin
Daybed: Re-used from brother's room: Hudson's Vintage University Nursery
- Raspberry solid/Ikat print Quilt: a find from Stein-mart
- Large pillows made from Mia bedskirt fabric: Pine Cone Hill
- Rag doll inspiration: Bybido Blog
Chevron Play tent (DIY): Gathered ideas and created our own
Fabric for Tent: Hobby Lobby's canvas print Gray chevron
Paint: Sherwin Williams
- Walls: Sherwin Williams “Macadamia” 6142
- Trim Paint: Sherwin Williams "Netsuki" 6134
- Color for Moroccan design on walls & buffet: SW 6133 "Muslin"
Vintage Chinese Lanterns: Good luck finding them! (check Etsy & Ebay)
Kite garland: Crafted from scrapbook paper
Confetti garland: Crafted from scrapbook paper
Curtains: Drop-cloth DIY curtains! (but with no "raw" edges)
Chalk art: Gathered ideas and created our own
Wire/Burlap toy basket: a Home Goods' find
Glider: Reused from brother's nursery Hudson's Vintage University Nursery
I have several favorites:
- I love the faux finish we did on the chalkboard wall... we taped it off and painted "shadows" to look like a "board and batten" wall as well as a "framed" chalkboard.
- The Chalk art - the scripture they chose for Layla
- The colors! Raspberry, citrine green, orange
- All the handmade items: the play tent, the ragdoll, all the pillows, etc... made with love! <3
As always, my advice would be to come up with a plan - put it together visually with photos saved in a word document, on pinterest, etc. - if it looks good on "paper", most likely you will like the end results!
Nice faux chalk board. Very original.
Nice job. And that chalk art is pretty impressive!