This puppy dog nursery was centered around a feature wall with coordinating stripes. The colors were found in a piece of scrapbook paper and used throughout the room.
I used this scrapbook paper as my inspiration and pulled the colors right from this paper. I took it to Lowe's and matched the colors right in their paint department.
I'd consider my decorating style to be classic, creative and clean. I created this design on a budget of only $200 and love the look I came up with.
- Crib bedding is from Babies R Us and made by Carters.
- The lamp was found on ebay, new for only $2.99 plus shipping.
- Canvas prints were painted by me using leftover paint and a template I created and drew based off my inspiration scrapbook paper. Four 16x20 canvas's were purchased at Ross for 2/$6.99 - that's just $349 each!
- Puppy Play Mat / Rug was found at Ross for $12 in the baby section.
- Floating shelves were $30 at Home Depot.
- Glider Chair was re-purposed from older son's room who had outgrown it.
- Puppy dog pillow was found on ebay as well.
- Curtain rod & Blackout Curtains from WalMart.
- DIY TIP- Use an old formula container as a paint tray. It's the perfect size to hold a small amount of paint for edging and details.
My favorite item in the room is the Custom Canvas Prints. It felt great to create something myself by hand for the room that my son can look at while laying in bed.
My advice to others would be, if you like an idea just go for it! Don't be intimidated by stripes. They look great and are not difficult at all. Visit my blog for step by step instructions.