I am so glad to see RH Baby & Child being used in today’s featured room. I enjoy their catalog monthly and often wonder if their classic Chocolate + (insert pale pastel color here) designs are appealing to the masses. Regardless, I appreciate RH Baby & Child’s style and balance between the classic and contemporary. Mom Kristie agrees and was inspired to create this lovely chocolate and pink palette for the nursery…
I wanted to combine contemporary with traditional elements. The main inspiration was the Napoleonic Bee bumper from RH Baby & Child in chocolate and pink. The crib, also from RH Baby & Child, is the main traditional element. I wanted the room to be feminine without being too frilly or girly and this crib seemed perfect for the space.
- Paint is “Brown Teepee” (top) and “Belgian Sweet” (bottom) from Behr.
- Crib, changing table and bedding from RH Baby and Child
- Shelving unit and pink table lamp from Ikea
- Chair and tricycle from Merry-Go-Round
- The painting above the crib is one I did using regular wall paint and some vinyl wall decals from Dali Decals
I especially love the tricycle – it’s a reproduction of an antique design. The pink is perfect and it reminds me of a classic car.