Let me start by saying that it was very hard for me to pick the colors and Bedding for Oliver's room...boys don't have a lot of options!! I even started to love a girls bedding soooo much that I thought, "I will make it work" it has just a little pink ;) Daddy said NO WAY! I am glad he did!!... But if I ever have a little girl I already have everything picked out for her room!! :) I tried to "design" my own bedding on a webpage but after weeks I kept changing my mind until daddy said that if I didn't order the bedding like in the next 24 hrs he was going to do it and pick whatever he wanted!!! (Yes it was that bad my indecision) so thank God I went to Cadenlane.com and there it was... Oliver's Bedding! I knew that after getting the bedding everything else was going to come together... and it did... we picked the wall and furniture color from the bedding... daddy painted the furniture (not the crib) and I started ordering on etsy pretty much all the decorations!! Everything got done pretty much like 2 weeks ago!!! I kept adding things after Oliver was born and now is finally done and we love it! I hope you will too! Almost forgot! The gray squirrel represents our dog Cronin (his brother from another mother) a Miniature Schnauzer! He loves to chase squirrels and the 2 owls are mommy and daddy... we tell that to Oliver :)
I think it was Oliver!! The older he was getting the more I saw that he likes to look around when I am changing his diaper, feeding him etc so I love that I have all this things around him that we can talk about like the birds, the tree, the bird houses the clouds etc… Also Etsy helped me a lot!!! Since they can customize everything!
My style is eclectic I like to mix and match and I make it work! Even if it is 100 years old!
- Furniture: hand me down from daddy's little brother it's about 15 years old and made by Lexington... no longer available, daddy painted it white duck-sherwin williams.
- Crib: Baby Cache Heritage Cherry - Babies R Us
- Light Fixture: Menards
- Knobs: Menards
- Wall color: Honeydew-Sherwin Williams
- Zebra Rug: Overstock.com
- Shelf: Classic Shelving by Pottery Barn Kids - Espresso
- Glider and Ottoman: Pottery Barn Kids - Fabric C -natural organic cotton basketweave Comfort Grand Swivel Glider & Ottoman
- Planes hanging from ceiling: Balsa Wood Hanging Planes from Pottery Barn Kids - On clearance! they are big we just hang 2 set has 5!
- Bedding: Caden Lane-Avery
- Pillow and Throw: Pier one
- Lamp: Vintage
- Tree Decal: Etsy.com Modernwalls
- Clouds Decal: Etsy.com JustTheFrosting
- Bird houses: Etsy.com RachelRaeDesigns
- Numbers above changing table and Oliver's birth stat: Etsy.com - bunchofbees
- Prints: Etsy.com Picalabel and Theinksociety
- Frames: Kohl's
- Curtains: World Market - Aegean Blue
There are a couple of favorite items... The lamp is vintage it was in grandpa's room when he was little than in daddy's room and now in Oliver’s! We love it! Also the planes... Great grandpa, grandpa and daddy are pilots so the planes in the room are dads and I love the Zebra rug! Also I like that I can wash the covers from the Glider and Ottoman and if I want to change the color I just order at Pottery Barn Kids! Plus is very comfortable.
Order things with time! it took forever to get the Glider and Ottoman! Grandma got us a "temporary one" because they arrived after Oliver was born :)