Cowboy theme. We didnt want the same ole' theme from the stores, so my husband suggested Cowboy and Indian party. We had to ditch the indian idea after not finding anything in the stores. So Cowboy it was!
The inspiration was from a sock pony I had seen online! Then It went from there.
Mixing old and new
1. Macs shirt is from Children's place, then had my dad give me an old handkerchief of his to sew on the #1, then had a friend embroider the birthday and his name
2. Found bowls, sheriffs badges, burlap, ribbon( for cupcake cups), at Hobby Lobby.
3. Stick ponies made from medium men's socks, batting pillow stuffing, brown yarn, brown felt, google eyes, twine, sticks to hold them. All bought from Hobby Lobby as well. I made 19 of them in 3evenings. My wonderful husband even helped me sew on the hair on some of them!
4. Old window for the pick your bandannas.
5. Gable boxes are from the Container store ( they have all colors and sizes )
6. Boxes are filled with cowboy tattoos, farm stickers, rope licorice , tiny cookies, old time candy sticks, ring pops,
7. Toy guns are from 7 different Dollar General stores around my area..... Husband just had to have them! But they were a HUGE hit!
8. Hats, bandannas, stickers, tattoos, extra sheriffs badges, are from Oriental Trading company
9. 12oz cups and lids for cupcakes are from Costco. Sams had them in bulk but too many for way to much $.
10. Balloons and helium tank are from Hobby Lobby as well. ( well worth the helium tank with the 40% off coupon they have online). Filled 50 balloons with it! The giant #1 is from Dierbergs florist $10.
11. Anymore info I left out please comment.
The stick ponies I made for all the kids!