My goal was to create a soft and sweet nursery that still maintained a level of sophistication that matched the rest of the house. I had a general idea in my head, but it came together over several months and I can't wait to bring our new son home to his room.
I knew I wanted a soft blue and green palate, but the addition of the different types of animals just happened. I planned to work with a decorator for the cornice boxes, but ended up making them myself out of foam board.
I tend to use a transitional style to decorate with elements of mid-century or regency style. I think the nursery is more traditional than other parts of the house, but it just felt like the right style for the nursery.
Creating a style board before I started made a huge difference.
- The bedding and rug are from Serena and Lily.
- Crib is Restoration Hardware.
- The blue and green prints above the changing table: http://www.etsy.com/shop/AlleyKids
- Custom pillow: http://www.etsy.com/shop/RedDoorHome
- Glider is a Little Castle.
- Giraffe is Melissa and Doug
- Elephant Hamper: http://www.homedecorators.com/detail.php?parentid=46892&aid=froogle&CAWELAID=87072988
- Mobile: http://www.etsy.com/shop/littledreamersinc
Friday 10th of July 2015
This is exactly the look I was envisioning for my nursery! What color is the blue on the walls? It's the perfect shade.
Little Blue Zebra
Monday 25th of June 2012
Love the animal theme and soft colours you have used.
Monday 30th of April 2012
love it...what is the wall color?
Thursday 29th of March 2012
What fabric and piping color did you select for your glider?
Thursday 15th of March 2012
I love your nursery! Where did you get the baskets on the changing table?