After having baby #2, we moved our oldest son out of his nursery and into this newly-designed toddler transition room. The room is designed by a dad and is for a two-year old boy named Brady.
I love clean, modern, sophisticated spaces. I tried to create a room that complemented our son's original nursery but was still unique in new ways. I wanted to create a reading corner so he can read on his own.
Modern, sleek lines, and the right amount of neutrals and color. I love funky furniture, too. Form + function.
- The wall is stenciled with the Nagoya all-over pattern from Cutting Edge Stencils. The grey paint in the room is Benjamin Moore Storm AF-700.
- I bought the frames above the crib from Hobby Lobby. They were originally black. I spray painted two coats of primer and two coats of yellow paint on them before hanging them.
- The 3-D wall tiles are the Seesaw pattern from Inhabit, via 2Modern.com. We caulked the seams and then painted them white.
- The map on the wall is an original work of art from MastersOfFate on Etsy. It's beautiful.
- We put a "secret dinosaur" in the room behind the door. It's from ElfShoppe on Etsy.
- The customized train art is from inkwelldesignstudio on Etsy.
- The monkey lamps are from CB2. I replaced the original shades with blue shades I picked up at the Land of Nod outlet.
- The Quidditch poster is from the Harry Potter shop at Platform 9 3/4 in London.
- The hanging airplanes are from Pier 1.
- The curtains are from Target.
- The orange file cabinets are from CB2.
- The bookshelf is from Ikea.
- The crib is from Amazon.com
- The rug is from CB2.
- The dressers are from Land of Nod outlet.
- The bed skirt is from Land of Nod outlet.
- The orange chair is from Land of Nod outlet.
I called the Land of Nod outlet near my house once a week for three months in order to pick up the two dressers at a discount. I love them. Overnight, I hide little things in the two small drawers of the dressers and when my son wakes up, I tell him that new things have appeared in his magic dresser drawers.
I also love the hopscotch rug. Brady runs into his room and does hopscotch on it before getting ready for bed.