Conor's room is a whimsical, bright, gender neutral space for our son to sleep and play. By avoiding a strictly "baby" theme, the space is just as appropriate now for our toddler as it was when he was a baby.
The room was inspired by several handmade items found on Etsy and created by family.
fun, bright, colorful, playful, classic
- Crib: Bonavita Peyton
- Changing table: IKEA Hemnes
- Glider: Best
- Crib Set: handmade by Conor's mimi, fabrics by Tanya Whelan
- Hanging book bin: Land of Nod
- Mobile above changing table: vintage Irmi used by myself and Conor's aunt
- Quilt: handmade by myself from pattern by Moda Bakeshop and fabrics from Moda ("Sweet")
- Alphabet embroidered hoops: handmade by myself from pattern by Etsy seller Penguin and Fish
- Name banner: custom from Etsy seller Toodle-ooo
- Rug: Capel "Sailor Boy"
- Collages above crib: from Etsy seller Maple Shade Kids
- 3 animal prints: from Etsy seller Electric Boogaloo
- Prints above changing table: from Etsy seller The Black Apple
- Stuffed owl on shelf: from Etsy seller Manic Muffin Totes
- Bird dreamcatcher : from Etsy seller Tamar
- Wall color: Behr Cozy Cottage
My favorite item is the wall book shelf from Land of Nod. Every night Conor picks out his favorite stories at bedtime from that rack.
If incorporating brightly colored bedding and accessories, opt for an understated, light neutral wall color that won't overwhelm the room. Choose pieces YOU love, in addition to ones your little one will like. You will spend lots and lots of time in this space with them, so it should be a place you enjoy, too!