When we found out we were having a girl, I knew I didn't want a super feminine room. I'm a big fan of modern design and "frilly" isn't my style. I liked the idea of including a lot of color in her room, so I chose to focus on orange, pink and red. My mom and I DIY'd almost everything in the room - it was a labor of love and I'm thrilled with how it turned out!
Of course the pom-pom thing was inspired by a post on Ohdeedoh. It bothers me a little that it's really popular, but there's a reason - they're awesome! I used leftover lanterns from our wedding ceremony and a hanging lightbulb from Ikea to turn it into a light installation.
Modern and fun
- Crib - Argington Sahara
- Dresser - Ikea Hemnes
- Glider - Craigslist (with custom cushions by my mom - fabric from Ikea)
- Pouf - DIY, Amy Butler's Gumdrop Pillow pattern
- All bedding - DIY. Quilt pattern from Bijou Lovely
- Alphabet Print - Stinkerpants
- Chinese art prints - Scanned & restored from my husband's childhood books
- Wish tree print - Stinkerpants
- Hula hoop print and Carpe Diem print - tinydecorblog
- Picture frames - Ikea
- Bookshelf - Ikea Expedit
The wish tree print, which my husband and I customized with our wishes for our kids. :)