We wanted something bright and happy, but that would grow with her. My mother-in-law made the crib set, and all the colors were picked to match that fabric. We had to make the most of a small space.
I found lots of inspiration on Etsy and Pinterest. Once we found the right fabric, it all came together!
Traditional and clean, but with some modern and quirky touches tossed in.
- Crib - Da Vinci Piedmont (similar to this - I love that it has a drawer)
- Dresser/Changing Table - Da Vinci Piedmont
- Yellow Drawer Thing - Ross (already had it, just spraypainted)
- Glider - Stork Craft Tuscany
- Rug - Garland Flower Power from WalMart
- Curtains - Hometrends Alium from WalMart
- (Temporary, until we buy new closet doors) closet curtains - Twin sheets in yellow from Target. I sewed buttons on top to turn it into a curtain
- Diaper bin/toy basket - storage ottoman from Ross ($17 clearance!)
- Diaper trash can - Small stainless trash can from Target
- Window Garland - Made by me! Got the idea from Pinterest. Some of the fabrics included were samples we got when we were trying to make a final fabric decision, which I think will be fun to look back on.
- Crib skirt and bumpers were made by my mother-in-law. I think we looked at ALL the appropriate fabric in 2 different JoAnn's stores before I finally decided.
- Mobile and tissue flowers made by my BFF (tissue flowers were used at my baby shower)
- Flying pig - Ross
- metal "bead bugs" - end of year sale at plant nursery ($2 each)
- Gallery wall frames - various places (including Dollar Tree and Target), then spraypainted white and mats painted (much of this is temporary art)
- Lamp - vintage (used to be in my room) with spraypainted shade
- stool under window - made by my uncle many, many years ago
- Metal flowers - JoAnn's (got these on clearance for less than $2 each and they happened to match!)
- Frog Prince - IKEA, several years ago
- knitted blanket - thrifted!
Basically everything on the walls is hung up with Velcro Command hooks, so I can move things without damaging the walls. I stock up on them with 40% off coupons from Michael's. Eventually, we'd like to add some more shelving (possibly corner shelves) for books and other display items.
I of course love the crib set made by my mother-in-law. But also the gallery wall, which includes 2 items made by my mom that were in my room as a kid (the cross-stitch and silhouette), the mobile, and the flying pig.
See what you already have that can be repurposed! We were able to use a lot of things we already had. For other stuff, almost all of it was crazy cheap (the rug was $19!) or clearanced and a great deal. We've used lots of Thirty-One bins to organize the closet, since we still have to use it for non-baby storage in our small home.
Wednesday 14th of March 2012
Love the colors! What paint did you use, name and brand? Thanks!
Saturday 28th of January 2012
Congrats on the baby! What brand and name is the wall color and the white, if available? Thanks!
Saturday 14th of January 2012
i love the window garland, so neat!
Monday 9th of January 2012
Thanks! And baby arrived on January 4 - I think she approves so far :)
Saturday 31st of December 2011
I like the colors and the whimsical details of this nursery. It really feels warm, cozy and homey.