It's incredible how easy it is to accumulate a mountain of toys over two years. These were my goals in creating a toddler room for my son:
- Have only the age appropriate toys in the room (all baby toys went into storage)
- Keep them off the floor
- Have the toys easily accessible
It all started with the colours in the Dwell "transportation" themed bumper for the bedding. I grabbed the gray and blue tones for the wall paint, and everything else just came together.
Clean. Modern. Functional.
I have more than one favourite item.
- Custom Canvas Art - Not only cause I make them, but because it's such an easy way to dress up a bare wall.
- Tiered platform the whale is sitting on - I was using these Debbie Travis Ledges as shelves before, and loved them so much that I had to find another use for them.
- Chair Cushions - Marcus does not really need his crib bumper anymore, but I'm attached to it for some reason. I cut up four sections, sewed and placed them onto his new chairs (I ended up with just enough bumper length to stretch around the sides and back of his bed).
- Book Shelf - It's really just his old baby change table (minus the pad). I had to find a use for it because I didn't want put another item into our already filled storage.
If you are able to find new uses for old things, it really helps the transition process.