I knew I wanted the nursery to be soothing, yet colorful and something that could easily transition to a more "grown up" space as as our baby matured. It was important to me that I could incorporate some new pieces with inexpensive/vintage pieces so that the room had character (and didn't break the bank!).
I was lucky to have the talented Lindsay Brummer come take pictures of the room http://www.lindsaybrummerphotography.com/!
Before we knew the sex of our baby, we decided to paint soft grey horizontal stripes on the walls (figuring that they would work for either a boy or a girl). I fell in LOVE with Caitlin Wilson's new line of fabrics, and knew that I wanted to incorporate a few of them in the nursery if we were having a girl. I also really wanted a daybed, with lots of fun pillows so that I could rest comfortably in the room if necessary.
I'm all over the place - I love scouring craigslist for vintage pieces, I love clean, traditional design, modern, funky and boho. I can't really commit to one specific style.
- Crib is Jenny Lind, from Amazon.com
- Changing table was a vintage dresser found on craigslist, my wonderful husband painted it
- Daybed is Camden Daybed, from Ballard Designs http://www.ballarddesigns.com/camden-daybed/144407?listIndex=1
- Vintage Swan’s Neck Rocking Chair & Ottoman – purchased on craigslist for $40 and then reupholstered & refinished using a coral fabric from F&S fabric outlet in LA.
- Side tables found on craigslist ($25/pair), my darling husband painted them
- Grey Shabby Chic bookshelf purchased at a yard-sale
- Curtains from Ikea: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30111978/
- Tissue Poms from Fiesta Pom Pom http://www.etsy.com/shop/FiestaPomPom
I worked with the lovely and talented Sally Jensen to help make all of my crib bedding and the pillows on the daybed. Sally’s site: http://abodecasahome.blogspot.com/ and her etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/tuftlovefabric
Here are the different sources for Crib Bedding:
- Crib Skirt: Caitlin Wilson’s Coral Chevron http://www.caitlinwilsontextiles.com/?p=product&sku=5001&d=1&pre=p!category|c!fabric|patt!|s!|fabric!
- Crib Bumper: Premiere Prints Coral & White Chelsea http://premierprintsfabric.com/chl.shtml
- Crib Sheet: Serena & Lily Shell Trellis http://www.serenaandlily.com/Baby/A-La-Carte-Crib-Sheets-Shell-Trellis
- Bolster Pillows on Daybed: Caitlin Wilson’s Mint Fretwork http://www.caitlinwilsontextiles.com/?p=product&sku=7001&d=1&pre=p!category|c!fabric|patt!|s!|fabric!
Other pillows on daybed:
- Premiere Prints Chipper in candy pink/white: http://premierprintsfabric.com/chpcpw.shtml
- Premiere Prints Zig Zag in Coral/White: http://premierprintsfabric.com/ZIGZACRWH.shtml **this is also changing pad cover
- Caitlin Wilson Mint Fleur Chinoise: http://www.caitlinwilsontextiles.com/?p=product&sku=1004&d=1&pre=p!category|c!fabric|patt!|s!|fabric!
- Clarence House Marisol http://www.clarencehouse.com/products/prints/marisol.html
The vintage swan's neck rocking chair & ottoman that we found on craigslist! I thought the arms were so charming, but it needed some TLC. It was a definite splurge to have it refinished & reupholstered - but the end result is so beautiful and it was still 1/2 the price of a new glider from Dwell or Monte.
Have fun, and don't stress out! I had a few meltdowns trying to plan this nursery spatially while I waited for the daybed to come from Ballard (it took a few MONTHS). When it came, it seemed HUGE for the space and I was worried everything wouldn't fit...but somehow, it all came together (and my friends talked me off the ledge)!
I just LOVE the glider chair redone in coral. I came acorss this post many years later but I’m wondering if it’s still aorund ane maybe for sale? if not, any advice to do it myself? Thanks in advance for any feedback as I do my own nursery in coral and aqua for baby number 1 coming this July! :)
Would love to know what the paint colors you used for the stripes are! Please? :-)
where is the chevron changing pad cover from?
What colors did you use for the stripes? Love!
Hi. Love this room. Can you tell me if the crib is white, white? Our room is gray and cream color so I don’t want to order if it’s stark white.
Love the pops of color!
what colors did you use for the stripes?
Such a great room! Love the simplicity but using layers and patterns for interest! Love!!!
Love the colors and the rocking chair!
Really love the colors! So soft, neat, sweet, breezy and feminine. I also love the prints on the pillow fabrics!
Beautiful space!!! I love the soft wall Patten with all the white furniture and the pop of pink. I’m in love with your chair you found!!!!