I am a lover of contemporary living. Ever since I thought of making our daughter's nursery I was looking for something that looks modern and contemporary. After my rigorous research I finally settled down to "Gray and Yellow" theme, Gray was to give the room that elegance and Yellow was to diffuse that freshness and incandescence for a girl's room. I loved how the combination was vivid as well as graceful.
However, I wanted to keep a balance between splurging for the nursery and 'thinking too much'. I think I was able to get to it finally!
Thanks to my husband AJ for taking wonderful shots of the nursery!
I got my inspiration from all the beautiful projects that have been submitted already. I had previously done my son's room, and I also wanted Ayana's room to be as pretty as she herself is.
- Wall Colors- Behr (Twenty Carat, Cathedral Gray, and Manhattan Mist)
- Crib- Baby Mod
- Dresser- IKEA
- Changing Table- Pottery Barn
- Chair- American Furniture Warehouse
- Curtain- Bed Bath and Beyond
- Poms- Ebay
- Wall Decals- Etsy
- Birdhouse Lamp- DIY project
- Small Birdhouse- DIY project
- Door name tag- DIY Project
- Wall name letters- I bought wooden letters off of Etsy and then painted and decorated them so it was partial DIY project.
- Wall shelf- IKEA
- Round Mirrors- Target
- Butterfly Mirror- Michaels
- Nursery Art- Gift from a friend
- Yellow Lamp- IKEA
I love how the room finally turned out. I adore everything in it, but my favorite items would be yellow-gray poms and the wall decals. I think they both play big part in the look of the nursery!
There is so much information out there on the web, I am sure everyone will get answers to what they are looking for. Idea is to start searching. I will be happy to answer any specific questions that anyone might have.