We wanted to create a nursery for our daughter on a limited budget and with limited space.
Music, Tattoos, Halloween
- -I painted the room flat white, then added pink and black stripes around the room. I also framed a chalkboard with black chalkboard paint. I made one contrasting wall light blue.
- -Most of the furniture in the room was given to us. The crib and changing table are solid cherry with a dark red stain.
- -We found the nightstand at a thrift store and painted it with Key Lime Green spray paint.
- -The corner TV stand is a piece of edge taped oak ply wood also spray painted. I bought some inexpensive shelf brackets from Lowe's.
- -The rocker and the black rug is from Wal Mart.
- -We bought a cubeical from Target with some fabric drawers. The pink lamp is also from Target.
- -The shelving unit in the closet we wrapped the shelves with sugar skull fabric from Jo-Ann fabrics. The fabric is also under the crib.
- -The curtains were made from black and mesh pink sparkle fabric from Jo-Ann fabrics. We added skull buttons with green bows where the fabric tied together.
- -Most of the artwork in the room we made and painted ourselves. The water color sugar skull was done by my tattoo artist
- Kyle Hoffman. www.facebook.com/abrandnewtattoo
My favorite item in the room is the sugar skull water color. Its one of a kind.
Use materials you have available. Check thrift stores for cheap furniture. Ask around for parents getting rid of baby stuff. We only spent a few hundred dollars on this room.