I incorporated blue and white French Toile into one of the most popular baby girls birthday themes. Glamorous Pink and Gold gets a Chic French makeover when paired together with Toile!
Inspired by the classic Toile Pattern and my love for all things glittery! I thought of Ladurée, Marie Antoinette, and remembered 'all that glitter's is gold'. I thought of settling down for High Tea and eating meringue cookies with Alice in Wonderland. What better way to celebrate a First Birthday than to be surrounded by whimsy?!
I'm so grateful for my children who have given me an excuse to be creative. The ultimate inspiration for this project was my sweet daughter Isabella Claire who has just turned One on July 24th!
My decorating style was Vintage meets Glamorous!
Etsy is an excellent resource for all things handmade and creative! While I handmade most of the decorations, I also utilized Etsy for items I couldn't make myself. I worked with Etsy Shop owners to create custom orders that suited my needs.
- My Custom "Isabella is One" Wooden Wall Letters were purchased from Buildeez on etsy.
- My Custom "Isabella is One" Glitter Cake Topper was purchased from scrappinplus on etsy.
- My Custom Edible Image used to cover my cake was purchased from SweetNothingsImages on etsy.
- The Toile Ribbon I used to create the ribbon garland was purchased from GlitterQueenSupplies on etsy.
- The Pennant banners were handmade using 12"x12" Cardstock.
- The Party hat was also handmade using cardstock and pom poms.
- The Gold Sequin Tablecloth was purchased on Amazon.
- The favors were Teacup Candles for the ladies and a gift bag with chocolate kisses for the gents. The candles were made using 100% soy wax flakes and scented with vanilla and coconut scented essential oils. I added pink dye to the melted wax to add color.
- The teacups, serving tray, cake stands and Teapot were purchased at Christmas Tree Shops.
I'm going to say my favorite item was the cake! I'm in no way a professional cake designer, I learn from online tutorials and videos. The cakes design was my idea and was inspired by the party décor.
It was a classic, two-tier, 6 layer, white cake with white buttercream frosting covered by marshmallow fondant and an edible image that was cut to size.
My advice to anyone who is thinking of putting together a fantastic party is to do as much as you can yourself. There is no greater satisfaction in life, than the satisfaction that comes from expressing yourself creatively. It will be imperfect, there will be flaws, you will make mistakes! But it is our flaws that set us apart and make us unique. You can accomplish great things if you just try! BE PERFECTLY IMPERFECT!