A small town baby shower for a girl organized by my sister-in-law and cousin (with my Mom's help) hosted in my Dad's transformed workshop cleaned up to look like a cozy little hall to welcome family and friends.
My sister-in-law and cousin were inspired by lots of Websites and magazines. They wanted a truly pink girly look and they wanted to transform my Dad's workshop into a chic baby shower setting. They also knew I loved gerbera daisies so they incorporated some in their decor.
Their style is modern mixed with classic on a budget, but with lots of attention paid to little details. My cousin even asked my Dad to glue some glitter on the little Styrofoam balls they used as placecard holders for the food!
- The sign in table had a baby pic of my husband and myself. There was also a signature frame for everyone to write a welcome message to the baby.
- The girls hung lots of tissue paper pom-poms and they had a few balloons filled with helium throughout the room.
- They put real pink gerbera daisies in clear and pink gel and water and various vases. They also cut out the letters BABY in cardboard and pasted them on mason jars used as vases.
- They hung two clothesline with onesies, bibs and socks at either end of the room, and another with the letters of the baby’s name (Olivia) above my chair.
- They rented a pink chair cover for my chair.
- They made delicious non-alcoholic sangria punch.
- They also made delicious goodies like white chocolate cupcakes with pink icing and pink macaroons with chocolate filling.
- They put little jars of pink candy here and there in the room.
- For the favors, I made towel cupcakes with a little chocolate on top to look like a cherry.
The "Olivia" clothesline; I hung it vertically in the baby’s nursery. I also hung the signature frame in the nursery. I loved the use of the gerbera daisies and I loved the home-made goodies for dessert!
Thanks girls for all your hard work!
Have a plan. My sister-in-law and cousin knew in advance what they wanted to display where in the workshop. We all travelled from out of town for the shower and did not have much time to prepare and set up. They arrived with all their supplies and set everything up very quickly.