Our daughter turned 1, Hello Kitty Style!
Our daughter's personality is so vibrant and joyful that Hello Kitty was just the perfect reflection of her!
Project Nursery, TomKatStudio, Eddie Ross, HowDoesShe, etc
Eclectic with a touch of Contemporary & Classic!
- We bought the majority of the decorations from party city locally. Oriental trade has a great selection but we were only 2 months away and I was afraid some things will not get on time. Of course we went to 4 different party city stores in order to find everything we wanted! We are talking balloons (latex and resin), posters, happy birthday banner, happy birthday hats, piñata, table arrangements, etc.
- In order to make things less expensive we decided to buy the generic hot pink plates, napkins, cups and silver ware instead of the character ones. That saved us probably one hundred dollars as we bought them on bulk.
- I made hot pink, pink and white tissue paper balls. Since the party I’m in love with the tissue paper balls, they look gorgeous and it was a super easy and inexpensive project. My husband that is totally a guys-guy helped me with the tissue paper balls. For instruction Google “tissue paper balls” at u-tube they have step by step instructions with video and everything.
- In order to make a stunning food table, we used crystal clear bases wrap with ribbon to store kids treats like cheerios, fishies, animal crackers, etc.
- We rented hot pink table cloths for the cake and food table, added another crystal clear base filled with pink ribbons (different shades of pink and designs, they sell them like that in a plastic container at Hobby Lobby, for a great price you get 15 ribbons). I used the ribbon to decorate some of the food platters and the remaining was arranged on the food table as a cute detail.
I made the majority of the food so it needed to by easy and delicious!
- I made a pastina with cheese, carrots and pees, I took the idea from Giada de Laurentis program in the food network. She did the pasta as part of the menu for a kid’s friendly menu. The pasta was super easy to do, for directions search the food network website.
- I also did meatballs sandies, with SAMS meatballs J and Hawaiian king sweet buns! Just the perfect size for kids, a quick suggestion to make the meatball stay in place add a little bit of ketchup and remove some of the inside bread from the bun and finish with a tooth peek. In order to make the toothpick more glam I ordered some hello kitty “happy birthday Carla” stickers. I order the stickers from etsy, unfortunately the stickers took 3 weeks to get home so they also missed the party. So make sure you ask the etsy provided for an estimate time of arrival before you pay just in case.
- We are in the southwest so of course we had salsa & queso with tostadas.
- Just to make sure everyone was cover we added some fruit, cheese and vegetables.
- The birthday cake…a great lady did an almond cake on the shape of Hello Kitty for everyone, she also did carrot cupcake with all natural ingredients for the kids, and sugar cookies for the ones that just wanted a little sweet to complete the celebration.
Birthday Girl Outfit:
- It was a hello kitty party but I didn’t want to make it to silly with a hello kitty custom, so we used a pink onesie Carla had, we bought a tul skirt with a hot pink bow, and the 2 best accessories in the world. A hello kitty bow from etsy and white squeaky shoes from “Cherrie squeaks” (I love these squeak shoes, they encouraged Carla to walk and now is just a great conversation peace plus I also know (hear) where she is at all times ha ha.
- For the big cake part, we put Carla a “Happy Birthday” bib to save the outfit, and then she had sugar for her first time. She had fruit before and maybe an ounce of juice but she had her first cupcake with frosting and all. Carla was SUPER happy!
- We added the hello kitty balloons in different corners around the house including her high chair.
- I made a Happy Birthday sign at the front door, with scrap book stickers and a picture of her. We also added happy birthday balloons at the courtyard gate in our attempt to guide our friends to our home.
- The birthday mommy and daddy wore hello kitty pins!
- Believe it or not I couldn’t find a clown, I know a lot of people think they are creepy but my husband and I grew up in the Caribbean and clowns were a must in a kids birthday but apparently the profession is extinct. So we decided to bring a guy that sings and plays the guitar. He played children songs, the kids dance and had a great time. A total hit!
- Because is so young and most of the kids games do not apply to her, we rented a kids long table and chairs and put toys on it, so kids played to their hearts contect! This was a hit! www.tinyprints.com www.etsy.com www.partycity.com
The food table turned out better than expected!!!
Start early! I started two months in advance to order several items online, therefore I saved some that way! Also, we rented the linens for a classy look, and pretty much we decorated everything the day before to deal with the surprises with enough time, and there were a couple unexpected items. Hence I had to go down town specialty stores, and hobby lobby several times the decorating day! Good luck and have fun!
Sweet and yummy! Those are the two words that come to mind while looking at your photos.
Wow, you really went through all the meticulous details. Great job! Everything clearly was a labor of love.
Excellent Job!!! I love it, thanks for sharing :)
I love it!
Very pretty! Great job.