This project was mostly DIY/handmade/repurposed. I made all of the bedding, the curtains, the changing table cover, the artwork, and recovered the glider and ottoman. My husband stripped, repainted and changed the hardware to the 2 secondhand dressers I found. It was a lot of work, but we love the results.
I wanted to create a colorful place for my son as he grew up. He loves color, and I wanted the space to be very colorful and fun. I didn’t have much of a budget, just enough for paints and a few nicknacks, but I loved how it came out, and more than anything he loves it, too (so does his little friends). The best part for me is that this playroom is solely that. He can go in there and play and make a mess, and I can close the door when he’s done until I have a chance to tidy up. Less stress. This whole project was @ $250.00. The largest part of the budget was to purchase all of the decals and wallpaper appliques.