Miles 1st birthday was a Camp Theme, “Camp Miles.” We held it at our home and backyard. I went with a color scheme of greens, pops of gold, and black and white plaid to give off a campy vibe. I incorporated greenery, vines and wood signs into every nook and craney of our home. I loved adding DIY touches everywhere I could. I wanted each kid to feel special and the party to be totally unique to Miles.
Check out our post on the TheGiftInsider.com for more details as well.
For activities we had an Arts & Crafts table and tee pee and faux fire pit set up in the basement, Music Man Dave playing Camp Sing-a-Longs and a Trail Mix Bar. The dessert table was stocked with camp themed sugar cookies, s’mores donuts and a marshmallow smash cake. We had a beverage station with “Adult Bug Juice,” each kiddie got their own bear sippy cup and we had water bottles labeled with “lake water” from camp miles. For food, everyone enjoyed the gourmet hot dog truck along with greek salad, mac and cheese and fruit and veggies cups. We had trays of puffs and pouches set up for the little ones throughout the house.
I created DIY “Camp Miles” care package favors for each kiddie filled with s’mores trail mix, bubbles, gummy worms and camp inspired patches. There were tables set up outside with plaid table clothes and DIY mason jar centerpieces with Camp Miles pennants I DIY-ed. I used the DIY pennants throughout the whole party.
Some of our favorite decor elements where the huge life size cardboard bears, huge green balloons with greenery hanging from them and green vines hanging from everywhere we could. I also DIY-ed wood signs to label each part of the party and tie it all together. Guests were greeted with a welcome to Camp Miles sign and a DIY-ed Happy Camper Zone wood sign at our front door. Each bathroom had an “Outhouse Sign” which was a last minute little touch. I created a photo garland and hung from a branch with our favorite photos from his past year. We also had huge photo strip photos of him hanging from his cake smash photoshoot.
We DIY-ed a majority of the creative elements and then found some great Etsy shops for the rest. For things like linens and tableware, we found great deals on Amazon.
– Banners: Camp Miles sweet table banner, camp miles fireplace banner and highchair banner from HouseofHooray on Etsy
– Balloons: green balloon bouquet from Party Dialect, and I added in gold orbs from OhShinyPaperCo and the 36 inch green balloons were from BlushBazarre. I added on the green garland.
– Sweet Table: marshmallow smash cake and cookies from Love and Buttercream, s’more and nutella donuts from Donut Bar Detroit and mini teepee from TenesseeTeeppes
– Tableware: Bear plates and napkins by Meri Meri, bark cups from SteshaParty, woodland bear sippy cups from Amazon, palm leaf plates and silverware from Amazon, black + white plaid napkins from Zazzle, birch straws from Amazon
– Arts and Crafts table – wood rounds from Michaels, stickers from target, signs DIY-ed
– Favors – DIYed using mini gable boxes filled with gummy worms, camp patches, s’more trail mix and camp themed bubble wands
– Trail Mix Bar – Happy Camper Bags from HHPaperCo, plastic bins from Oriental Trading, teepee from TenesseeTeeppes, sign was DIY-ed
– Greenery: Used everywhere, hung on garage, on balloons, on staircase, around signs. All from Amazon
– Huge Brown Bears: Amazon
– Teepee in Basement: faux felt firepit from TheHomespunMarket
– Linens: Black + White Plaid tablecloths from Amazon
– Pennant Flags: DIY-ed
– Wood Slice Signs: DIY-ed
– Cake Stand: DIY-ed
– Happy Camper Sign: DIY-ed
– Favors: Name Pennants, s’more trail mix, labels DIY-ed
– Arts & Crafts and Favors Hanging Banners: DIY-ed
– Wood Photo Hanging: DIY-ed
– Water Bottle Labels: DIY-ed
– Adult Bug Juice sign: DIY-ed
– Mason Jar Centerpieces: DIY-ed
– Outhouse Sign: DIY-ed
– Hot Dog Cart Outside Sign: DIY-ed
Again, thanks to Lumi Photography for all these shots. Feel free to reach out if you want more info on how we DIY-ed everything and check out our site: TheGiftInsider.com