1. Tiny Strollers. It started with the introduction of the BabyZen Yoyo and then exploded with the gb Pockit, but now it is clear the tiny stroller is here and will be “bigger” than ever in 2018. These tiny strollers will still fold super small and be super lightweight, but look for some new strollers that are also big with features. The new Cybex Eezy Twist features a seat that revolves all the way around with one hand, the UPPAbaby Minu has full sunspension and a leatherette handle and the improved gb Pockit+ is now car seat compatible. Mountain Buggy is even bringing the tiny stroller trend to double strollers with the introduction of the Mountain Buggy Nano Duo.
2. Strollers that Grow With Your Family. It used to be that many families would have a frame stroller to move around their car seat, then they would move to a single stroller, and if they had additional children a new double stroller. However, strollers like Baby Jogger City Select and the UPPAbaby Vista really changed the way that parents are approaching their first stroller purchase. In 2018 look for even more strollers that grow with your family by going from a single to a double and in some cases a triple. Check out the Thule Sleek for the really active parents, to keep your little ones super comfy check out the Nuna Demi Grow (which includes all weather seats) or if you are looking for a little more luxury look for the Silver Cross Wave.
3. Gear that Does Double Duty. Gone are the days where new parents would add endless amounts of gear to their baby registry. Parents have asked and companies are answering with gear that is multi-purpose or works with your baby through more than one phase, so that parents can bring less gear into their home. In 2018 look for cribs that convert in new and interesting ways, activity centers like the Skip Hop 3-Stage Activity Center that grow with baby, highchairs that will take your baby from infancy through toddlerhood like the Oribel Cocoon and carriers that start from birth with no infant insert and allow you to carry through toddlerhood like the Ergobaby Omni.
4. Better Looking Safety. In most baby gear product categories you can find not only super functional but really beautiful products. The one category that has been hard to find beauty in was in-home safety, but look for that to change in 2018 with the introduction of some products that are as high on home decor points as they are on home safety. If you are in the market for a safety gate check out the Qdos Crystal Safety Gate. For items such as safety outlet plugs, check out the dots by Bink.
5. Smart Nursery. Thanks to monitors and sound machines, technology has been in the nursery for a while, but look for that to explode into new and exciting places in the nursery in 2018. There is technology that can help soothe your baby like the SNOO Bassinet or the Halo Snoozy Pod, which plays white noise, vibrates and has a nightlight. There is technology that will not only take your baby’s temperature but connect you to a doctor to see if they should be seen. There is a lot of new technology coming in monitoring including a variety of wi-fi enabled monitors so you can view your baby from anywhere in the world or the new Project Nursery baby monitor that features compatibility with the Amazon Alexa Voice Service.
*this post contains affiliate links*
Leave a comment