Everyone’s heard the term nesting before, right? I’ll admit I didn’t truly understand what it meant until one night in my third trimester when I woke up in a panic, with an urgent desire to scrub the floors and clean the blinds. It was clear my nesting instinct had kicked in, and from that point on, I was determined to clean-up and clean-out before our baby arrived. The problem was that with my never-ending state of nausea and growing belly, I wasn’t really up for the actual job. Boy would I have welcomed Handy.com to save the day and settle all my nesting fears.
Handy.com is the newest way to find and book extra help for the house. I like to think of it as Uber for house cleaning and handyman services. I recently gave Handy a try, and it was delightful. Not only was I able to book my 3-hour cleaning service in less than two minutes flat (there’s even an app), but choosing the day and time that fit my schedule best was so refreshing. (Hello, procrastinators, next day appointments are available!) With their convenient online payment system, you don’t have to worry about payment the day of, making the process smooth and easy. Knowing that all of Handy’s cleaners are pre-screened, insured and qualified professionals made the whole experience feel totally reassuring.
Want to know our six top tips for a sparkling clean and organized nursery?
- Use non-toxic, natural-based cleaning products. Keep the harsh stuff at bay, and choose only natural-based products that are safe for the entire family. Tip: Make your own cleaner by mixing 1/2 cup vinegar and 1/4 cup baking soda into 1/2 gallon water. You can add a couple drops of lavender or grapefruit oil for a light scent.
- Forget the clutter. Remove extra items that can clutter up the nursery. By limiting extra pieces of furniture, you’ll free up space for tummy time and playing with baby down the road.
- Beat the dust. Babies can accumulate a lot of stuff, and with that can come tons of dust. Start out high and catch all the dust and dirt from the ceiling and molding down to the floor. You’d be surprised how an overall cleaning of the walls can make a huge difference.
- Deck out the drawers. Fold baby clothes and blankets by size for easy access and organization. Use cute drawer liners or organizers to help keep baby’s items organized.
- Bring in a specialist to help with a deep clean. Try Handy.com!
- A place for everything and everything in its place. Store baby’s littlest things like swaddles, toys, diapers and pacifiers in bins and baskets.
PERK ALERT! Wanna give it a try? Enter code NURSERY at checkout and receive $29 off your first booking for home cleaning with Handy!
This is a sponsored post. Thanks for your support
in our effort to bring you exciting content.