And just like that, it’s the last week of July. How is that even possible? I know that some of you are already gearing up for back-to-school, but we have another whole month of summer vacation. It’s going to pass in the blink of an eye, so I decided it was time to turn some of our summer dreams into realities. Here are ten things that are on my summer bucket list.
1. Check out the food trucks and dance the night away at one of the (many!) local summer festivals.
2. Take our nine-month-old on his first plane ride—Omaha, here we come!
3. Cover our entire driveway with a sidewalk chalk art masterpiece.
4. Spend the day at Niagara Falls.
5. Make homemade popsicles—these blackberry ombre popsicles look like the perfect summertime treat.
image from Tutti Dolce
6. Go to the new splash park in our town, and show my very timid daughter how to brave the water.
7. Flag down the ice cream truck that drives around our neighborhood at 5:30 on the dot every day—ice cream for dinner!
8. Hit the beach! We may only make it as far as Lake Ontario this year, but any beach is better than no beach.
9. Have a much-needed date night with my husband.
10. Put the finishing touches on my son’s nursery!
What’s on your bucket list for the rest of the summer?
Leave a comment