Remember being assigned to the kids’ table at Thanksgiving? We don’t know about you, but there was nothing exciting about our seating arrangements other than that we got to be silly with our cousins!
Make this holiday one to remember by setting a fun and interactive kids’ Thanksgiving table decorated just for them!
Here are some ideas to get you started.
1. Keep the little ones occupied while the turkey is basting and the pies are baking by covering the table in brown craft paper and setting out crayons or twig colored pencils so they can doodle.
2. It isn’t Thanksgiving without the sweet smell of pumpkin pie baking in the oven. Let the kids (pretend) make their own pies with pumpkin pie play dough. Package it in cute paper containers with a lid, and add fun Thanksgiving stickers and ribbon.
3. Brighten things up with fresh, fall-colored flowers in mason jars and real mini pumpkins.
4. Make waffle cone cornucopias for each place setting—these are so easy! Buy waffle cones at your local grocery store, and fill with your choice of trail mix for a pre-Thanksgiving dinner snack.
5. A fun “Fruit Gobbler” turkey can be a centerpiece, appetizer and craft idea to keep the kids busy. It’s simple to make with this tutorial using only eight ingredients. Plus, it’s healthy to eat!
This is a kids’ table they’ll surely be thankful for! Happy Thanksgiving!