You are bringing a new baby into the world. Of course, you want to protect the world that you are bringing him or her into. Here are some simple ways to help keep our babies’ world a little greener as we celebrate Earth Day.
1. Use low- or no-VOC paints in your nursery and your home.
Lullaby Paints offers non-toxic paints in a large variety of colors and even offers chalkboard paint.
2. Buy furniture from eco-friendly companies. Look for terms like sustainably sourced materials.
Oeuf prides itself on being a company that creates beautiful products with minimal impact on the environment
3. Educate your child on the importance of reusing, reducing and recycling.
You can read books together to get ideas on how to go green in your own home.
4. Buy toys made out of recycled materials.
Green Toys makes toys like the tea set above out of recycle milk jugs. We have this set at our house, and it’s sturdy and durable. I’d never know it was made out of milk jugs!
5. Upcycle and Reuse. As you can see in our gallery, many new parents have taken old treasures and made them new with a coat of paint.
This Project Nursery reader found her daughter’s dresser on Craigslist and gave it a facelift with some pretty blue paint and new hardware.
What “green” touches do you use in your home?