Party hats have been a staple to party planning for years. I loved putting one on as a child, and now they are one of my favorite party decorations to make! Believe it or not, I always seem to have a hard time finding hats to coordinate with the party I am throwing, so now I always make my own. Surprisingly, they are so easy to make!
The party hats below, in a modern rainbow chevron, were used for a rainbow theme party we had last month. I think this is such a popular pattern right now, and they can really match most parties. We thought you might like to make your own.
Here is what you will need:
1. Party Hat Template (downloadable pdf)
3. Hot Glue Gun
4. Ric Rac or Ribbon
6. Single Hole Punch
7. Thin Elastic
8. Utility Knife
1. First print out your party hat template on bright white paper. I like to use a medium weight matte photo paper. Then cut along the borders.
2. Fold along the grey line on the left side of your template.
3. Use your utility knife to cut a slit along the grey line on the right side of your cone.
4. Wrap your cone, and glue the seam together.
5. Embellish with ric rac or ribbon along the edge using hot glue.
6. Glue a pom-pom to the top.
7. Punch a hole in each side. Cut a piece of elastic approximately 18″. Thread elastic through punched hole and tie in a knot (on the inside). Do the same to the other side using the other end of the elastic.
There you have it! Your very own custom party hats to wow your party guests!!
Your tips is a big help for me for the incoming first bday party and at the same time christening of my one and only son.. and its very easy to do. i love it.
[…] used this template from Project Nursery for a party hat that will fit most kids, but you could also use this template from Oh Happy Day […]
[…] izquierda a derecha, de arriba a abajo: De Project Nursery De Fete a Fete De P is for Party Visto en Hostess with the […]
[…] and boys (13). Don’t forget the party hat! Project Nursery‘s DIY Party Hat Tutorial (4) will inspire you to make hats for all […]
[…] Fête at Olive & Cocoa is perfect to have on hand in your party closet unless you brush up on DIY party hat skills. And, if your guests aren’t inclined to wear the hats, then they are colorful […]
This is a great tutorial and who knew that these lovely hats were so easy to do :)
Definitely pinning your tutorial.
Darling hats!! Congrats on your new gig!!
Thank you to all! Lets see what else I have up my sleeve for PN readers . . .
Nice DIY article to kick off your PN stint!
Love it! Thank you!
Good job girlfriend!! love the hats! :)
You have inspired me for Gigi’s party which is around the corner! Thanks Rebekah and welcome to the family…xx
Sooooo CUTE!!!!! Welcome!! love seeing you here xoxo
Thanks ladies!! Adore you all and so happy to be a party of such an amazing team!
Awesome to have you “officially” on PN!
Welcome, Rebekah! Love your party hat tutorial–so sweet :)