Party hats have been a staple to party planning for years. I loved putting one on as a child, and now they are one of my favorite party decorations to make! Believe it or not, I always seem to have a hard time finding hats to coordinate with the party I am throwing, so now I always make my own. Surprisingly, they are so easy to make!
The party hats below, in a modern rainbow chevron, were used for a rainbow theme party we had last month. I think this is such a popular pattern right now, and they can really match most parties. We thought you might like to make your own.
Here is what you will need:
1. Party Hat Template (downloadable pdf)
3. Hot Glue Gun
4. Ric Rac or Ribbon
6. Single Hole Punch
7. Thin Elastic
8. Utility Knife
1. First print out your party hat template on bright white paper. I like to use a medium weight matte photo paper. Then cut along the borders.
2. Fold along the grey line on the left side of your template.
3. Use your utility knife to cut a slit along the grey line on the right side of your cone.
4. Wrap your cone, and glue the seam together.
5. Embellish with ric rac or ribbon along the edge using hot glue.
6. Glue a pom-pom to the top.
7. Punch a hole in each side. Cut a piece of elastic approximately 18″. Thread elastic through punched hole and tie in a knot (on the inside). Do the same to the other side using the other end of the elastic.
There you have it! Your very own custom party hats to wow your party guests!!