What little girl doesn’t love butterflies? These tiny creatures are so feminine and serene they seem magical. Whether they are soft and sweet or bold and bright, butterflies have become a popular addition to the baby girl nursery. We think creating a nursery with a butterfly theme is not only versatile but also a perfect way to bring a calm and fresh feeling to the room.
We often suggest finding inspiration before you begin the design process and bedding is a great place to start. We especially like the “Beautiful Butterfly” crib bedding collection by NoJo. The sweet fluttering butterflies in shades of lavender, deep purple, aqua and lime provide a serene color palette to inspire the entire room’s design.
We decided to give the butterfly theme our own twist. We created this custom design board specifically with Beautiful Butterfly in mind as the cornerstone piece of the nursery. Pretty, fresh and a little glamorous, both baby and mom are sure to enjoy.
1. New Arrivals Memo Board from Polkadot Peacock
2. Mia Chandelier by pottery barn kids
3. Solid Light Lime Drapes by Carousel Designs
4. Nojo Beautiful Butterfly Wall Decor from Babies R’ Us
5. Bianca Pillow by ZGallerie
6. Bratt Decor Venetian Iron Crib from pottery barn kids
7. Ashbury Glider by Serena & Lily
8. Pop Up Storage Bedside Table by PB teen
9. No-VOC Paint in “Turquoise Gem” by Posh Tots
10. Trina Turk Butterfly Hook Rug from Rosenberry Rooms
11. Jubilee Butterfly Hooks from West 35th Baby
12. Venetian Mirror with Ornate Frame from Rosenberry Rooms
13. Darcy Dresser & Changing Table by pottery barn kids
WIN IT, WIN BIG: Don’t miss this opportunity to win a NoJo Crib Bedding Set of YOUR choice PLUS a 2-Hour Design Consultation with Project Nursery (aka littleappledesign.com). This prize package is a $500 value. To enter, visit NoJo and tell us what collection you like best by commenting on this post. Melisa & I are looking forward to creating a custom nursery design around your new crib set!
Contest ends February 8th, 2011 at 11:59 pm PST. Join us at our #ShareTheLove Twitter party on February 9th at 5pm PST to find out who wins this great contest. Twitter party details are coming soon!
3. Subscribe or let us know you are a subscriber with a comment.
4. Blog it and comment.