Get ready for a big, big giveaway! However before I get to the goods, I want to share with you an easy DIY in this multi-tasking, high paced, crazy techy world. Sometimes simple is just plain better and it’s always great to find ways to “do more with less”. In this case, I am referring to the newly re-purposed roller shades in my son’s nursery. It’s amazing what only two yards of fabric, ordinary packing tape and an dirty old roller shade can accomplish.
Fabric (2 yards should suffice most standard shades)
Hemming Tape & Iron (optional)
1. Extend your rollar shade and lay your fabric on top. Should your fabric extend beyond the width of your shade, simply use hemming tape to fold and iron the edges. The edge of the fabric should be aligned with the sides of shade, no more or no less.
2. Carefully tape the top of your fabric to the top of the bar on the shade. Ensure a smooth fit and layer the tape for a secure hold.
3. Cut the fabric 1-inch below the length of the roller shade.
4. Remove the existing bar from the bottom of the shade.
5. Hang the roller shade above the window so the fabric falls naturally.
6. Fold the fabric over the bottom of the shade material and secure fabric to shade evenly with safety pins across the shade.
7. Re-attach the shade bar by sliding it over the safety pin.
Easy enough, right? Well, we want to prove our point on how you can “do more with less” with the help of the new Windows 7 phone. While it won’t re-furbish your old roller shade, it will definitely simplify your busy life allowing you to use the time you typically spend waiting for your blackberry to load more wisely. We are so convinced that you’ll be impressed, we’re offering one lucky PN reader a Windows 7 phone of your own.
WIN IT! Microsoft is giving away their new, amazing Windows Phone 7 to one lucky Project Nursery reader – a $499 value! Discover Windows Phone 7 and tell us how you can do more with less or tell us why you really, really want this phone to enter. NOW HERE’S THE NEW PART SO PAY ATTENTION: Contest begins Monday, November 15th and runs through Monday, November 29th, 2010 at 11:59pm PST. Comment on ANY PN post (and we post multiple time daily here) to enter through the 29th. A winner will be chosen via random.org and will have 5 days from time of notification to respond. Official contest rules can be found here.
This giveaway is brought to you by the new Windows Phone 7. Learn more about Windows Phone online and see it in person at local T-Mobile stores today.
CONTEST CLOSED – Congrats Bryan Fly!