If you are anything like me, you planned your nursery, obsessed over every detail but still feel like it could always be BETTER. A never ending work in progress if you will. Without doing a total redo here are some tiny, inexpensive ways to give any child’s room a little perk without opening the purse strings to wide…
1. Initial it. For approx $30 choose a letter like this one to accent a dead wall.
2. Stick it. Love wall decals (Wall Candy) for some fun that you don’t have to commit to. The monster set retails for $28 (some of the others are a bit more pricey.)
3. Time to grow. Add a cute growth chart by Eeboo ($16.95)on the outside of a boring closet for a little color and sentiment (not to mention a great keepsake).
4. Draw it. Stencils are a fabulous find even for the artistically challenged like myself. ($24.95)
5. Paintable Wallpaper. Ok I said it. But this wallpaper from Land of Nod is $30 and can be painted. Just a thought…
6. Get A Little Martha. I found these kits from Martha Stewart and am using them in my Fall Bellini window…the entire kit is $19.95 and they are so whimsical.
7. Get Personal. Take some of your favorite memories and create a poster size collage. An ofoto 20×30 collage is only $21.99.
9. Paint It. Get a can of paint, roll up your sleeves and paint one wall, the ceiling or even go crazy with some striping. You will be shocked what a coat of paint can do.
10. Rearrange What You’ve Got. This one is free and one of my most favorites. I do this in the showroom to spice things up. Move around furniture or artwork to give the room new life.