We are just a few days away from Easter weekend and I thought what could be a better inspiration for a nursery than the Easter bunny? They are cute, cuddly, and are a wonderful theme for a gender neutral nursery.
image via Soda Head
Now when putting this room together I was picturing a family who wanted a welcoming, gender neutral and traditional nursery. The whites, greens, blues and pinks used in the furniture, bedding & accessories are a pastel palette which creates a calming environment.
The bedding was the first item selected in this design. It is made by Maddie Boo Bedding and since the sets are custom made-to-order you can adjust skirt lengths and fabrics as you please. I just adore this timeless bunny fabric.
The distressed wooden furniture is from one of my favorite furniture lines Newport Cottages. The timeless pieces transition well into an older child’s room and the distressed finish will hide the normal wear and tear that children ultimately create on furniture. The rest of the accessories have some sort of bunny theme to them or match the colors found in the crib bedding. This is definitely a cutesy baby nursery, not modern, not bold, not glamourous, just traditional and childish.
The sources for the images are as follows:
1. Greer Crib Set by Maddie Boo Bedding. The polka dot crib sheet adds a playful touch to the traditional set.
2. Cottontail fabric available from Maddie Boo Bedding. Scenes of rabbits swinging, dancing and walking in petticoats and suits.
3. Bunny Memo Board available at Posh Tots. A wonderful spot to display birth announcements, photos, and bows.
4. Cape Cod Roses Crib by Newport Cottages. (Also available without roses and in a bead board finish)
5. Cutting Garden Grass Braided Rug available at Layla Grace. This rug pulls all of the colors of the room together.
6. Stella Four Light Chandelier by Maura Daniel. A timeless reasonably priced chandelier.
7. Cottage Changer/Dresser by Newport Cottages. Full extension glides & milkmaid drawers are an added bonus on this piece.
8. Bunny Lovies by Angel Dear. Every child should have at least two of these.
9. Framed Boy & Girl Bunny Prints by Kelly Rightsell. Adorable animal prints depicting true traditional southern attire.
10. Peter Rabbit Book available at Pottery Barn Kids. Every child needs to read the stories of Peter Rabbit & his friends.
11. Eco Bookcase by Newport Cottages. Perfect for storing books, picture frames and stuffed animals. A timeless piece.
12. Little Castle Bunny Toile Buckingham Glider available at Posh Tots.
13. White Piquet Bassinet by Wendy Anne Bassinets. An heirloom bassinet without all the silk fussiness.
14. Standing Bunny Lamp available at Layla Grace, too adorable to pass up.
Lastly, if this look was too traditional or cutesy for you, I thought that these Hop To It bunny decals were an adorable and easy way to add a little modern hop into your room. Happy Easter!