I am so glad to see RH Baby & Child being used in today’s featured room. I enjoy their catalog monthly and often wonder if their classic Chocolate + (insert pale pastel color here) designs are appealing to the masses. Regardless, I appreciate RH Baby & Child’s style and balance between the classic and contemporary. Mom Kristie agrees and was inspired to create this lovely chocolate and pink palette for the nursery…
What was your inspiration for the room?
I wanted to combine contemporary with traditional elements. The main inspiration was the Napoleonic Bee bumper from RH Baby & Child in chocolate and pink. The crib, also from RH Baby & Child, is the main traditional element. I wanted the room to be feminine without being too frilly or girly and this crib seemed perfect for the space.
What best describes your decorating style?
Share with us choice of paint colors, furniture, art, diy tips, etc.
- Paint is “Brown Teepee” (top) and “Belgian Sweet” (bottom) from Behr.
- Crib, changing table and bedding from RH Baby and Child
- Shelving unit and pink table lamp from Ikea
- Chair and tricycle from Merry-Go-Round
- The painting above the crib is one I did using regular wall paint and some vinyl wall decals from Dali Decals
What is your favorite item(s) in the room?
I especially love the tricycle – it’s a reproduction of an antique design. The pink is perfect and it reminds me of a classic car.